Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My TR3

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    white is easier to keep clean than black or other dark colors. the paint holds up surprisingly well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    white is easier to keep clean than black or other dark colors. the paint holds up surprisingly well, too.
    Experience speaks . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

With the black lava, I initially was prepared that I would have to clean it every week but I can defend that it holds up pretty well (not as the white probably, but it does not get as dirty as I expected). The part that needs cleaning often is the inner side of the fenders, due to the wheels.

Generally, what I really appreciate and consider as 'genius' is the Slipstream single sided forks, after 3+ months and still no hair attached to it! On my previous chair I had to clean ofter and also remove caster wheels every time, such a pain...
    ''Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via''

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Much like having a white car, the chair kinda hides the dirt. My Icon was always filthy, no matter if I wiped it very day, it's is easy to see the dust on black. Being in a shop with agricultural equipment going in and out, it's quite dusty. Other than plain Ti, white works good. I had thought about going with the titanium gray paint.

Much like having a white car, the chair kinda hides the dirt. My Icon was always filthy, no matter if I wiped it very day, it's is easy to see the dust on black. Being in a shop with agricultural equipment going in and out, it's quite dusty. Other than plain Ti, white works good. I had thought about going with the titanium gray paint.
    Wait, "was?" Did you give up on your Icon?

Agreed re: black vs. white, particularly in dusty/dirty environments.

jschism-
    I have to admit that when I saw the chair I did not like it however, I just saw a picture of you in it on another post and it is *hot*!
    E
    PS You're not too shabby either