Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why will Sunrise Medical (Quickie) not deal with the individual?

Sunrise is a crappy compony to deal with witch is total crap. I will never gain buy anying from sunrise as long as i live. They lost a loyal customer because of thier crap. Sorry that just how i feel.

How far does the axle go into plug? Have you tried just the axle w/o the wheel?

You could have a small piece of debris or a small burr that is hanging up the axle from sliding in smoothly. You could try to get a reamer in there and clean up the hole. If you don't have one, maybe try a 1/2" drill bit and slowly turn it by hand (if you can). You could even use a wooden dowel wrapped with sand paper for a reamer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2TiRods View Post
    How far does the axle go into plug? Have you tried just the axle w/o the wheel?

You could have a small piece of debris or a small burr that is hanging up the axle from sliding in smoothly. You could try to get a reamer in there and clean up the hole. If you don't have one, maybe try a 1/2" drill bit and slowly turn it by hand (if you can). You could even use a wooden dowel wrapped with sand paper for a reamer.
    I have tried just the axle and it will go all the way in to about a 1/4" or even less before the bearings in the axle catch. I have thought about the dowel or drill bit but dont want to mess it up to where its not useable at all until I can get another part.

Ryan, thanks for the offer. I will PM you back. Im not sure 6 degrees will work because Im on a High Profile ROHO that spreads out when I sit on it and it almost rubs with the 3 degree plugs but I might be willing to give them a try and if they dont work, I could pass them on to ~Lin. I probably could have used a 17" wide instead of 16" wide. Sitting on a Low Profile though everything is fine.

I have dealt with Sunrise Medical products for many years with very good results. That said, it really depends on how knowledgable your Sunrise Rep is. Some are out standing!! Others are just starting out and may not be as helpful. I have found the sticking point to be at the DME supplier itself!! Keep trying to get someone positive and a knowledgable helpful rep who may point you in the right direction or even work with you to get your situation resolved!!

Best of Luck in your challenges ahead,
    Engineermom2

[QUOTE=ryano;1569045]I have tried just the axle and it will go all the way in to about a 1/4" or even less before the bearings in the axle catch. I have thought about the dowel or drill bit but dont want to mess it up to where its not useable at all until I can get another part.QUOTE]

I bet you've gotten a bur inside the insert and the sandpaper trick should fix it easy. Just remember to clean the sleeve out then ad a little wd-40 before you slide the axel back in so as not to cause bigger problems.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2TiRods View Post
    You could even use a wooden dowel wrapped with sand paper for a reamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post

I bet you've gotten a bur inside the insert and the sandpaper trick should fix it easy. Just remember to clean the sleeve out then ad a little wd-40 before you slide the axel back in so as not to cause bigger problems.
    This worked perfectly! Its all better now and working great! Thanks for the suggestions everyone

and i believe by law they can't service private individuals.......i don't think it's any of the company's choice.......if they do they loose their license to sell durable medical supplys..........or that's pretty much the way i understand it from my friend that supply's my cath's and such..........

Quote Originally Posted by airart1 View Post
    and i believe by law they can't service private individuals.......i don't think it's any of the company's choice.......if they do they loose their license to sell durable medical supplys..........or that's pretty much the way i understand it from my friend that supply's my cath's and such..........
    Could be.........I mean afterall, if your new car breaks, you take it back to the dealer, not the manufacture.

The difference here is, with a vehicle, you can take it back to ANY dealer for warranty work. With DME, not so much. I mean why would just any DME provider want to help me if I didnt buy the product from them?

I do wish I knew a good Sunrise Medical rep in the Atlanta area. Im sure there is one because of the Shepherd center.

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    This worked perfectly! Its all better now and working great! Thanks for the suggestions everyone
    I'm glad you got it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    Sunrise is a crappy compony to deal with witch is total crap. I will never gain buy anying from sunrise as long as i live. They lost a loyal customer because of thier crap. Sorry that just how i feel.
    Ryan, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Mine with Sunrise is different. Things have always worked out with them for me and a fellow there, Scott Fox, even helped me out with a cushion cover. I met him at the last Abilities Expo I went to as I was looking at the Q7. We talked and I told him how many years I had with Quickie Powerchairs. I tried a new cushion they were selling, a Jay Lite. I did not like how the foam/support felt but I loved the cover. In a couple of weeks he had one sent to me no charge. That was awfully nice and he was very nice when we spoke.

I love my Tilite and I am very impressed with the company but I have had some rare bad experiences with some folks at Tilite. I've never been screwed more than I have with my Invacare TDX-SP powerchair. The thing was built with the worst cheapest parts that started breaking down in the first week and I'm talking about from the armrest pads to the motors (which have been a nightmare).

I don't know, is it all a crapshoot or are some companies great or are there just the odd bad experiences. Invacare bought out Top End years ago and my Top End Pro-T was a great chair. I don't know. One thing I will say for Tilite, their equipment has never let me down in any way. Tilite chairs have my absolute trust. I guess I feel a little defensive about Quickie (Sunrise) because I had so many years of good service in their powerchairs.