Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why will Sunrise Medical (Quickie) not deal with the individual?

Question Why will Sunrise Medical (Quickie) not deal with the individual?

I am having a terrible time with Sunrise Medical "customer service" insisting that I go through my DME provider for a simple part replacement.

I got a new Quickie Q7 back in October 2011. So far, despite the terrible reviews and hatred of the chair from the majority around here, its been a good chair and I like it pretty good. Much better than the A4 tank i was in.

With that said, Im having trouble with the left wheel axle "binding" and being really tough to stick the axle into the camber plug. Its not the axle itself because both wheels go in the right side just fine.

I cant see what the problem is with the naked eye but I have traced it to the camber plug itself part #110848. I talked to someone at southwest medical (quickie-wheelchairs.com) and she referred me to the manufacture. I called the manufacture and they tell me to call my DME. Well my DME is no longer even around so I guess Im stuck with paying out of pocket.

It appears my only option is to just break down and pay Southwest Medical 30.00 for a new camber plug.........I was hoping that warranty would cover it though because its not neglect and its less than a year old. No dice.

Below is the part I need (6B) Camber Plug 3 degree) ...........Any suggestions other than just paying for it? Anyone had any luck dealing with Quickie on warranty stuff without going through the DME?

No suggestions except to pay the 30 dollars. If it was hundreds of dollars I could understand at you balking to pay that, but its $30. I think most of these wheelchair manufactures don't deal with the individual from what I read in previous posts. Good luck.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

I'm not balking at paying the 30.00. Just thought it might could be covered under warranty. The price is irrelevant IMO.

Thanks for your honest input though. That's what I will do.

Guess I will hope and pray nothing major happens to it like a frame issue or it appears I'm f*cked!
    Last edited by ryano; 08-16-2012 at 06:48 PM.

I think i have some camber plugs around my house some where let me look real quickie. Yes they are q7 camber plugs

Yupp i have 2 brand new ones they are 6 degree camber plugs.

Most major medical devices classified as Durable Medical Equipment are sold through dealership networks. Suppliers like Sunrise, Invacare, Roho, Colours, Permobile, etc. sell their products through designated dealers. These suppliers can't undermine their dealer network contracts by dealing directly with consumers. So, whether it is the sale of a new chair, repairs, or even warranty issues, suppliers will always refer you back to their dealers.

All the best,
    GJ

if the 6 degree camber plugs don't work for him, let me know how much you want for them! I have 3 degrees camber but would like to try 6.

can't you go through a new dme? For example here on the forum smeone had a weld crack on her Q7. Her dme's were total morons and had completely fucked up measurements and the chair. She got a replacement under warranty, but through a completely new dme. I would try that before self pay.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I don't think Quickie warrants very much. I had two bent caster forks both of my anti tip bars broke off and they said nope. that was the first month that I had the chair.

I usually check with Bike-on,com. I can save alot of money buying my parts for Top End thru them than I can Top End themselves. They sell Quickies so may sell parts also.

Also may have:http://www.wheelchairparts.net/

I hear you on getting parts thru a DME. I do my own work and will not buy anything thru my dme locally. VMI vans are the same way.

Perhaps if enough opf us complain and steer others looking for a chair they may change their customer service... nah don't think they will.

For example here on the forum someone had a weld crack on her Q7.
    I'm the one who got her chair replaced by sunrise. I can pm you the name of the sunrise rep that I worked with. if that works for you
    Mimi