Thread: trials list

trials list

The south caroling spinal cord association sent me an invitation to be notified of available research trials. Anyone get else that?

kinda made my heart jump. like this is actually happening. kinda makes this cure thing seem actually like I can hope for something iv been afraid to wish for.

Hi Jody,

I have not heard from the one you mentioned but I have registered with a few. The University of Pittsburg, University of Michigan, Miami Project, University of Washington, Georgia Tech and etc. I got one invitation to go to Miami and stay there in a hotel for 6 weeks but I have too many obligations here at home. If interested, keep an eye on the "Trials" in the exchange forum and register there if you find something interesting.

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

I wouldnt do any trial....im not gonna be a "guinea pig" to see if something has an affect or works...unless its exercise related where at least you personally benefeit from the workout regardless of the desired outcome for the researcher , why would you take meds/injections whatever, to see what it does....
    - Rolling Thru Life -

I agree with that roc21.

Im a chronic, and cauda at that so I doubt I would fit into any anyway, but still, Iv never gotten anything like that before. I had visions of all of us having a huge wheelchair bonfire when I was looking at the paper though. like we might actually be cured in my lifetime.

I also promised Brucec a tumblerumble humpfest if we get cured. ....and my pink guitar.

A Wheelchair Bonfire.....

You made my day.
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
    I wouldnt do any trial....im not gonna be a "guinea pig" to see if something has an affect or works...unless its exercise related where at least you personally benefeit from the workout regardless of the desired outcome for the researcher , why would you take meds/injections whatever, to see what it does....
    Umm, trials are not for you. They are to benefit everyone. I sure as hell hope no one you love ever gets cancer, ALS, MS, bad burns or Alzheimers. Medications are tested like crazy on small and then large animals for a very long time and under different conditions before they are tested on normal controls for some meds or patients with a disease or condition in small numbers for safety. Small can be 1 to 20 people. I've been a guinea pig twice. If I meet the criteria I'd read up on it and probably do it again.

Jody, if you go to www.clinicaltrials.gov you can sign up for like 5 conditions and what kinds of trials you'd be interested in and where then they'll email you new trials as they come up.

Who do you think is going to get any SCI breathing on their own again, hands working, anyone walking if people don't volunteer? Do you know when 4-AP needed 10 people at 6 different centers Acorda had trouble getting 10 in several places where in Chicago I heard the line went around the block. Of about 10 people I knew in several places about half knew the main chemical was also used as a pest bird poison. All volunteers are given all needed information to make an informed decision.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I know a lady who did some kind of experimental stem cell thing. she has marie charcot tooth syndrome and she was about dead. I see her a year later and I didn't recognize her. she is cured. after seeing her progress for twenty years to skin and bones and cognitive changes, she is healthier than she was when I met her twenty years ago. Her mind is back too.
    I don't know what got done, but something got done.

thanx for the link sue. I agree, let's do this if we get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I agree with that roc21.

Im a chronic, and cauda at that so I doubt I would fit into any anyway, but still, Iv never gotten anything like that before. I had visions of all of us having a huge wheelchair bonfire when I was looking at the paper though. like we might actually be cured in my lifetime.

I also promised Brucec a tumblerumble humpfest if we get cured. ....and my pink guitar.
    count me i really want to see the basted burn

Hell, just give those wheelchairs to me. I know some people who could use them.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->