Thread: Wheelchair accessible pool access

Wheelchair accessible pool access

Hi friends,
    I'm looking to book a trip to Cancun/Playa area in May 2013. I want to stay at a nice resort with roll in pool access along with access to everything else. Wanted to see if anyone has any first hand information or suggestions on resorts in that area.

Thanks,
    Sabrina
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    Hi friends,
    I'm looking to book a trip to Cancun/Playa area in May 2013. I want to stay at a nice resort with roll in pool access along with access to everything else. Wanted to see if anyone has any first hand information or suggestions on resorts in that area.

Thanks,
    Sabrina
    You give up on the cruise idea you had a while back? Sorry, I have no first hand knowledge. Im not a fan of all inclusive resorts. I like big ships!

I have no idea about roll in access but Im about positive you can find a resort that has a pool lift.

Hey Ryano~ We are still going to do the cruise. We decided on Alaska! Can't wait for that one. In the mean time my sister and her husband and my parents want to plan a little family getaway to Cancun or Playa. I don't really care to use a pool lift AT ALL but I am hoping that I can find a nice resort with a roll in pool. I've heard that a few of them have it but can't seem to find them. We contacted a travel agent to do that leg work for us but haven't heard back yet........They are probably wondering why someone is letting gimps out of their cage for travel.....Just kidding. Thanks for the response. Hope you're doing well!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Bumping...I'd be interested in learning whatever u find out.

I'd like to plan a trip to Cancun/Playa Del Carmen or Cozumel too!

bump....
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    bump....
    Just a heads up we booked a resort in Playa the RIU PALACE thru a TA and were sooo disappointed in the lack of accesability, And even made many calls ourselves to the desk manager before booking to check on things and were gauranteed yes yes yes.but no no no .