Thread: Mobile Standing Frames? Other option for seeing lab table?

Mobile Standing Frames? Other option for seeing lab table?

Are there other mobile standing frames than the Easy Stand version? I'm going to be taking an anatomy class this fall that will require me to either sit on a very high chair (my butt needs to be about 30" from the ground, minimum) or use a standing frame of some sort. I need to be able to get up close to the cadaver tables, so I don't want to have a table be in the way (like the table that is on my personal regular standing frame).

I know we're all great with problem solving - please help me figure this out! The disability resource center can't buy something that would be considered personal equipment (like a standing chair), but they might be able to buy a frame. The other suggested option is a tall office chair than I can transfer into and be pushed around, but I'm concerned about how high that transfer would be, and if it's really high it will be hard to sit on my cushion, so I'll have to make sure it's padded enough not to endanger my skin. Please help me brainstorm this out!
    Last edited by jgrant27; 08-15-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: better title

That's a good point, Im still stuck at about 45 mins for standing, and of my stomach is full it doesn't feel great to stand (or if I'm having a painful day, etc). I'm going to go practice transferring to the correct height!

Hey! I actually work with EasyStand and if you did choose to stand during your anatomy class we do offer a No-Tray Chest Pad option for the EasyStand Evolv Mobile. This way you would have no tray in front of you making it easy to pull up to whatever surface that you needed to and you could move around the room using the Mobile push rims. If you are interested visit this website http://www.easystand.com/evolv/options or call our customer service at 800-342-8968. Good luck in class this fall!

what about a height adjustable office chair that is a decent height for transfers and has room for your cushion? get someone to give you a boost to get high enough for the lab table - normally you need to push up with your feet and the gas stops it going back down. youd need to find one with enough height adjustment. also, an office chair with armrests might be more stable when higher.

Amy, that's what we're thinking. 30" is pretty high, my PT doesn't want me to transfer to that height. Not sure how to adjust a chair once I'm in it (I don't want to injure my classmates). I'd love to buy a standing frame for this, but with tuition & all I just don't see how I can.

Great news! The DRS office at my university was able to get an Evolv Mobile for me! We need to adjust it to fit me (it's very different from my old-school EasyStand) and should be good to go. Going to be crowded in the lab, but since we're going to be rehab professionals we should learn how to work with that!