Thread: A challenge for you Larry

A challenge for you Larry

Not long ago you posted your recipe for salmon patties. We probably have them every month. They are pretty healthy. I am thinking that they could be even healthier if grilled, rather than pan fried. How about coming up with a recipe for a grilled salmon burger.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Not long ago you posted your recipe for salmon patties. We probably have them every month. They are pretty healthy. I am thinking that they could be even healthier if grilled, rather than pan fried. How about coming up with a recipe for a grilled salmon burger.

I love the challenge! AND it sounds great!! Going to attempt this sooner than later with fresh vs. canned salmon! Thanks for the challenge, I hope I serve you well!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

If you like canned salmon here is a quick and easy microwave recipe for salmon loaf. It is delicious.

MICRO SALMON LOAF
    2 cans (7 ½ oz) salmon drained (I use 1 large can)
    2 eggs
    2 slices bread cubed
    ½ c milk
    ¼ c chopped dill pickle (I use a few spoons of dill pickle relish)
    1 small chopped onion
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1 tsp dried parsley flakes
    1/8 tsp. pepper

Combine salmon & eggs with fork. Mix in remaining ingredients well. Spoon into 8 x 4 glass loaf dish. Cover with waxed paper. Micro 8 - 10 min. until center is hot and beginning to set. Let stand several minutes.

NL does salmon cakes (patties in her family's vernacular) from canned salmon, salmon that she has poached, but she hasn't tried salmon cakes from raw salmon. Add to that making them on the grill...looking forward to the results.

All the best,
    GJ

When they have fresh salmon on special offer and I'm feeling flush (rich)......

I steam the salmon, wrapped in adult spinach leaves with stalks on for a couple of min in microwave.
    1 First, half cook the spinach by steaming it till it's half done in microwave.
    2 Remove spinach.
    3 Drizzle lemon juice over salmon. Add tiny knob of butter or olive oil if desired. But I find the salmon's own oils enough, and they're healthier too. Good for the brain amongst other things.
    4 Now use spinach leaves to wrap salmon like a parcel.
    5 Place on a plate. Add another on top to help retain moisture.
    6 Pop in micowave for a couple of min on medium power.
    7 Remove, unwrap salmon, see how well it's done.
    8 Turn it over, replace spinach leaves so it's wrapped up again.
    9 Replace plate on top. Microwave for another couple of min or so, depending on how well it was done.

Should now to be ready. Add the best quality sea salt you can afford. It tastes better than cheaper processed stuff and has more minerals too. Also it's stronger, so you can use less

Looks like a lot of work, 9 steps. But it's actually all done in under ten min, and you only need 2 main ingredients plus the lemon juice and salt.

Last edited by Bear_on_wheels; 11-01-2012 at 09:51 PM.