Thread: Santorini is very beautiful!

yes it is, but totally un-wheelchair friendly.

(KLD)

Mykonos, the island besides is better, I would have gone there with a chair even if it may be some difficulties. It is my favorite island and I spent my honeymoon there and I wasn't very good walking

And here is my favorite restaurant
    TH 12, 43 years post

Thanks for pointing out something else that a chair will prevent me from being able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nauticalmike View Post
    Thanks for pointing out something else that a chair will prevent me from being able to do.
    yeah, burn. I'd love to go to petra. :/ don't think riding a camel into the middle of Jordan is very feasible either- but I just try and focus on other areas that still seem more feasible, like this...
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Beautiful! I remember that place was featured in the movie "summer lovers" with darryl hannah.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Santorini, Thera is the Greek name, is the island where they made the movie "Mama Mia" too
    TH 12, 43 years post

KLD, the security officer of a Celebrity ship wasn't happy but we had a great Greek lunch on the tendering pier area. Grilled sardines, eggplant, zucchini, tzatziki, bread and a big salad plus Retsina to drink. So it is possible to at least get on Thera if the line will let you tender.
    Been to Mykonos twice and both times it was monsoon type raining. I think everyone I have talked to prefer Rhodes to Santorini because in season there is no room to move if you can get up to the top. Have to say I agree until they reopen Alkatiri, a Minoan era town found inside Santorini.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Sue, what month have you been to Mykonos? I have never seen any rain at all. It never use to rain in Greece in summer, May to the middle of August.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I ve seen a documentary about the place.
    out of a fire rock and lava emerged another Jewel in the Mediterranean.
    Reminds me of Gozo our sister island