Thread: "The Movement" film on disabled athletes

"The Movement" film on disabled athletes

Here's the trailer for the film "The Movement" about disabled skiiers. I don't know if it's already been mentioned.

i saw the bmw ad during the olympics but when i went to the site it wouldnt load
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

That's how I first heard about it too. I hope the youtube in my post played for you. The link is unlisted as you need to have it to view. Not sure how I feel about the film so far. I mostly like it but I'm uncomfortable about them using the 'hero' word so much. If indeed the folks in the film happen to be heroes, then great. But if the producers are seeing all disabled folks who manage to do something as a hero then ...

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    That's how I first heard about it too. I hope the youtube in my post played for you. The link is unlisted as you need to have it to view. Not sure how I feel about the film so far. I mostly like it but I'm uncomfortable about them using the 'hero' word so much. If indeed the folks in the film happen to be heroes, then great. But if the producers are seeing all disabled folks who manage to do something as a hero then ...
    Anybody that takes on or deals with challenges is a hero of sorts in my book. Maybe not a hero, but at least someone rising to deal with the situation. I respect and recognize that.

Whether it is challenge someone creates or is brought on them does not matter. Some people are respected because they chose to climb a mountain. Others because a mountain was put in front of them. The mountain is just a metaphor though. We all face or create our own mountains in life.

Those who are uncomfortable being called out for their accomplishments are the ones that often simply did what they needed to do. The ones who had a mountain of some sort put in front of them and see nothing special in the fact they climbed it.... or found a way around it.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community