Thread: Home Gym Question

Home Gym Question

Folks,

Im in the market for a good home gym to workout on and Id like to see what everyone else has had success with. I dont want an Uppertone or anything specialized; Im looking for something I can go to the major box stores and buy.

Has anyone had any success with these types? If so, please post your thoughts and the make/model!

Thanks,

Ben
    C5-6 - 22 years

My home gym is my shop. Stick a race car in there and it keeps you busy and in shape!
    Andrew

hooks in the ceiling and walls for stretchy cords and bands of various stringths will provide you with just as good if not better home gym. Would probzbly cost 30 bucks at the very most. You'd find out if you will workout at home and what exercizes to look for in a gym if proceeding to want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    hooks in the ceiling and walls for stretchy cords and bands of various stringths will provide you with just as good if not better home gym. Would probzbly cost 30 bucks at the very most. You'd find out if you will workout at home and what exercizes to look for in a gym if proceeding to want one.
    Add some small dumb bells; 5, 10, 15, 20 & 25 lbs. $125 should get you enough for a small home gym. Watch ebay for certain types of equipments: Soloflex, Blowflex Versatrainer, X-Factor 2000, Jake Tower 200 band type gym sets. I got a Soloflex machine for $50 off of ebay, 35 minutes away.

Here's a site for new equipment:
    http://www.performbetter.com

Attached is an exercise brochure from Spinal Cord Injury Network, Australia, titled Exercise and Spinal Cord Injury.

Ti
    Credits: http://www.spinalnetwork.org.au

"We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

in my garage i have a set up of dumbells/kettlebells..wrist/ankle weights..exercise bands - about 6 different tensions..4 hanging from above..2 attached at floor..a boxing heavy bag hanging from ceiling..and a home made standing frame to do squats/standing,..
    hit the spinal cord exercise link in my signature for some exercises and also has equipment listed
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Bowflex revolution xp. Been using one for over 6 years. Does everything I need it to do.

You don't need weights: you ARE weight!
    Get yourself a bar for chin ups,
    A thick rope for climbing (arms, shoulders, whatever core you have left)
    Terrabands for injury free exercises
    Bodylastics for strong resistance exercices (amazon)

The main problems I have with weights is that I have no balance to carry two at a time, and most of the time end up assuming wrong posture... Thus risking to injure myself

So, home gym = natural weights
    Gym with PT: heavy weights, complex exercises etc...

Whatever u do. Exercise, train, and enjoy