Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the battles never end

the battles never end

So in 1994 i fell down a flight of stairs injuring my T 12 . The doctors thought i would be ok with the help of a chair. Ok so all is good. The all the uti's and th e ibs then years of sinus infections. Now a whole new battle has begun. And i am scared as all get out. Its cancer. I am very scared as this is a whole new ball game. That we were never ready for. On top of it my fiance forgot my chair in our house and we re locked out till Tuesday oh joy of joys. Thank god i only weight 90 lbs she just picks me up and carried me. We are locked out because our house is being fumigted. So i am bed rest for days. And i am always doing something. So tuesday am my fiance will take me home. I am so frustrated and scared i just want to sit down and cry. This my friends feels like i might loose my whole life. I don't want to leave me fiance alone in this world. Or my kids. My youngest is autistic and i feel like they need me more than anyone knows. I have been their rock and their foundation through all these years besides god. This weighs very heavey on my heart. And i don't know how to fix it. Iknow you all don't have the answers. And i am not asking for any. I guess what i am needing and wanting is support. Sincerly ry

Where is the cancer?

They say lung. I am going to get a second oppion.

Has the cancer been staged? Have you been given a recommendation for a course of treatment? Have you been given a prognosis?

I understand your concerns and fears about the cancer diagnosis. Five years ago and 5 months ago, after almost 25 years C5/6 complete, I was diagnosed with stage 4, non-Hodgkins lymphoma. My cancer has been in remission for 5 years. I think your idea of getting a second opinion is a great one. There are some excellent facilities in your area for cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Rally your family and friends around you and get the support you need to fight this battle.

Please keep posting here to keep us up to date on your journey.

All the best,
    GJ

Stay strong and believe.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

No they haven't staged it. Yet i suppose to go back this tuesday for more info. I just hope its not that bad.

Best wishes.

I am wheely happy the terminex guy personally delivered my chair and cushions this morning. He apologized for everything. And the incovenance it caused. Now i am mobile again. First thing i did is go for a wheel around the block. What was super kool is the terminex guy went with. He actualy cried when he saw how exicted i was. Goes to show he did care. He invited my whole family to bbq this weekend.

My advice is to take it one day and one step at a time. Gatre your information - get a second opinion and then sit down and talk with your fiance and other friends. You don't have to go through this alone. I would also find out about support groups that might be available.
    Keep us posted on what is going on. We are all here for you!
    CKF

After a really crappy day, I came here to do a little reading, and the news about getting your chair back lifted the blues away. Yeah for you, and hugs for the terminex guy!