Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't cath and losing it

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    I have had similar problems, and switched to coude tips - really helps. Getting frustrated/scared makes it worse...
    X2 Switched to LoFric Coude no problems since.

I have had similar problems, and switched to coude tips - really helps. Getting frustrated/scared makes it worse...
    Coude tips are the only thing that works for me. Found that out the hard way when I went in for surgery and woke up with a lot of blood where it wasn't supposed to be. Thankfully there wasn't in any permanent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyerly View Post
    I have not been able to cath all day. My bladder is full and leaks but when cath it goes in and stops and I have tried over and over and it is well lubricated an enclosed cath system. I try putting it in and taking it out and back in and no luck.

I am about to fing lose it. It's bad enough to have to jam something in to ur 1 cm joke of a penis to drain your bladder but now I can do that f this joke of a life
    I am a quad and have a hard time cathing sometime. I have to wiggle my butt to edge of power chair to help position myself better. I must also put paper towels around penis to help straighten it to ease cath through urethra. If you try and cath with penis wiggling around it can be very difficult. I have thrown caths at mirror and beat up my bathroom walls and asked God why me on several occasions. Don't give up! Leave the bathroom and try again in 10 minutes after you cool down. JM

I agree about switching to coude or olive tipped catheters to make insertion easier (my urologist's recommendation when I was having insertion difficulties), but when I have suggested it on other threads, KLD has stated that coude tips can cause problems. I suppose she is right if they are used incorrectly, that is not oriented with the curved part of the tip on top as directed by the indicator bump on the top of the catheter funnel. Somehow, I think most of us are capable of getting the orientation of the catheter right after some instruction or discussion with our medical providers.
    All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers7 View Post
    I am a quad and have a hard time cathing sometime. I have to wiggle my butt to edge of power chair to help position myself better. I must also put paper towels around penis to help straighten it to ease cath through urethra. If you try and cath with penis wiggling around it can be very difficult. I have thrown caths at mirror and beat up my bathroom walls and asked God why me on several occasions. Don't give up! Leave the bathroom and try again in 10 minutes after you cool down. JM
    Ha yea I feel ya on yelling at god and throwing stuff I never curse but after a few today yelled F this and threw catherter

Quote Originally Posted by Lyerly View Post
    Ha yea I feel ya on yelling at god and throwing stuff I never curse but after a few today yelled F this and threw catherter
    Presumably you are back from the ER by now. What did the doctors there have to say about what is going on with your inability to get a catheter to pass through the urethra?

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Presumably you are back from the ER by now. What did the doctors there have to say about what is going on with your inability to get a catheter to pass through the urethra?

All the best,
    GJ
    As I kind of expected that put a ballon cath in me and I have an awesome leg bag on and they say I need to go see the Uro ASAP to find out what's going on. Hope I can make that happen Monday. Thanks for asking. Hope it's as simple as changing catheters. I am supposed to be going out of state thursday. I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    I can't use the red rubber ones at all, way too soft, they fold over trying to get thru my tight sphincter.

You should keep some hydrophyllic cath sets around, they are way slipperier than normal lube set. I use straight cath and lube at home, but when out and about I use this enclosed cath set:
    ( I don't use Allegro, just had a good picture)
    http://www.athomemedical.com/Intermi...h-Set-Male.asp

I have had "lock up" issues before at home, and I would use the SureCaths and they work every time.
    hydrophylic coude is what I use. Way better than rubber ones and better than just plastic/hard coude ones with regular lube.

Let us know what is going on.
    CKF

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    hydrophylic coude is what I use. Way better than rubber ones and better than just plastic/hard coude ones with regular lube.
    So we are just going to take it out and I am going to go back to cathing and only going to have to go back to Uro or ER if it happens again. They expect me to be ok since the foley that was put on me at ER went in pretty easily.

I am going to to get a few of the harder and diff tipped ones to try as well.