Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: things you never.....

This is GOOD thread! Everyone, KEEP that positive attitude. Don't kive up and sit around, there are far too many things may start you never aware of or thought of. I live with my dog. I ride my tractor outside and cut grass. Do many things inside. In process of attempting get upstairs for very 1st time. 19 steps though and wood. When I DO get up there, I will finally take care of that just like downstairs. Doing things like this that are unplanned, seem to also open up other doors that were never in the plan.

What a great thread! I love reading about all the positive attitudes here and can appreciate each and every one of you.

After accomplishing the things that I was told I never would by rehab people, I moved on from the physical things and looked inside myself. My biggest accomplishment was realizing how valued I am to my own community.

Sure, I gained my independence 27 years ago (I'm 30 yrs post) and got a job, but it wasn't until about 10 years ago that I got over myself and really began contributing back to the community where I live. It's so liberating.

I'm no longer seeking approval of my peers or employer and instead now doing what's right, that is, offering my skills to help make my city and community a better place to live. What I get in return is continued independence, a good paycheck, and a sense of satisfaction.

And guess what, it has even led to me meeting an awesome girl who shares the same goals and attitude. So go for it, keep the good attitude!

...use a computer mouse with my right hand. Used to always just move it to the left, pissing off any right-handed people that witnessed it. In the beginning my index fingers were not strong enough to click the left button but in my left hand my middle finger had just enough. Here we are almost 4 years later and I am now ambidextrous! Gonna start signing my name with my left. #quadlife

Work full time and earn my PhD.

tooley, I tossed my therapist out. Put my own miniscule plan together to do this piece-by-piece. Therapist doctor is amazed. It is exciting as well as frustrating. I wish I knew how many more pieces there are. I told doctor that, she told me I will get to where I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    ...use a computer mouse with my right hand. Used to always just move it to the left, pissing off any right-handed people that witnessed it. In the beginning my index fingers were not strong enough to click the left button but in my left hand my middle finger had just enough. Here we are almost 4 years later and I am now ambidextrous! Gonna start signing my name with my left. #quadlife

I dragged my standing frame across the room until it was underneath the socket and changed a light bulb on the ceiling. Changing a bulb was something totally out of my league.

May not seem like a big thing compared to the other comments, but being able to breathe on my own (other than some Bipap help at night) continues to be my biggest accomplishment.
    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    LOL - this is good but the way you wrote it made me laugh
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12