Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ti tr v zr

Ontario, Canada ...sometimes North Carolina too!
    Yo got it 19mm tube 0.75 wall, it's a minimalist chair. 4" Composit casters weigh 97g. Titanium welded sideguards. Ceramic wheel and caster pot bearings. everything possible to save weight on this build.
    Last edited by Bluefairy; 08-09-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    my new TR3 will be here tomorrow
    That is so cool, you are so lucky. My next two chair purchases will be a TR3 and a used powerchair off Ebay. If money grew on trees ... until then I'll have to finish paying off my D's Locks (which have changed my life - they're awesome) and then saving up for more stuff.

Congrats on the new TR3! I'd like to see one in person, wonder if they'll start showing up in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Got pics? Start a new thread.
    Here you`ve got a good pic of the chair, of course with other wheels will be better, that ones are too heavy, but this chair is a really good one.

Ontario, Canada ...sometimes North Carolina too!
    Hey,

Thats the one, but with composite front casters and spinergy wheels, I do have a pair of Glance wheels but they are 5Lb Each.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Really?

Here's toto's box frame sitting snugly in the seat of his car (sans folding back) -
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...59&postcount=6

Not calling you a liar, just a denier.

"There is no try. Only do" - Master Yoda
    I think Tolo's back is shorter than mine. I have a 13inch Jetstream so would need the fixed posts to be about 14 inches. I did try and get my chair in my cars with out folding down the back and it worked. Denier? More like compulsive worrier.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I think Tolo's back is shorter than mine. I have a 13inch Jetstream so would need the fixed posts to be about 14 inches. I did try and get my chair in my cars with out folding down the back and it worked. Denier? More like compulsive worrier.

My back is 30cm (11.8") but is not only the hight of your back in what you have to take account, is in the total red measure, so depends your RSH in that too.

But if your bak is 13" like you have told and your rsh 16" for example there`s no problem for pick up into the car a chair with a welded back.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Cool beans tate. A box frame like our Oracing XTR's sit funny in the seat due to the lower frame rails, toto's new design not as bad because of the angle, but it doesn't affect getting it in.

I'm sure john's shoulders (as well as jeff's soon) are thanking him for making the switch to a lighter rig when it comes to car transfers. Also I'll bet john's TR stays prettier longer because of the ability to manuever a lighter chair better while breaking it down.

t8 - I worry like that too, especially in public, likely because I'm in a chair to begin with. When we invaded Montreal for wheelchair rugby championships this year I had my chair placed in alot of strange places while on late-night mystery tours - the drunker I got the less I worry. At one point my chair was on my lap squished in the back seat of a cab with 2 other gimps, later that night it was bungeed to the open trunk lid of a rental car. Weeee.