Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ti tr v zr

[QUOTE=fuentejps;1565766]ok as most of you know im a firm believer in a new ride every twoyearsish.QUOTE]

Damn! You must have great ins., wealthy, or in debt beyond your eyes.

I've been in my TR over eleven years (paid for out of pocket) and yes I'm
    way past due for a new chair. I'm gonna start the process for a new one next week and
    according to my ins., chairs are usually replaced every 3-1/2 to 4 years. My new chair along with future chairs will be on their dime and not mine anymore.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Ontario, Canada ...sometimes North Carolina too!
    3-5 years for me. Depends on the situation.
    recently it's been 3 years apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefairy View Post
    I agree, folding backs are very heavy, and cause more trouble than good.
    I'm 20" FSH, 18.5" RSH 11" backrest. 15.5x16 chair, so not to big. 3 degrees of camber. overall my chair hand rim to handrim at it's widest point is 24".
    What model chair do you have? 14 lbs. including wheels and cushion sounds impossible to me. Wheels alone (w/tires and push rims) usually weigh around 8 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    ok as most of you know im a firm believer in a new ride every twoyearsish. so in the last 6 years ive had a colours razorblade, 2 ti zr 1's, zr 2 and now a tr. before that i rean colours eclipse exclusivly.
    i thought the zr's were the cats ass. they are great BUT the TR is a whole different beast,. i went fully rigid, welded back and bolt on side guards. to start i shave 4.5 pds off, yes the tr is hella lighter. going entirely rigid really improves the entire fit an feel of a chair. i'll never go back to a folding back, NEVER.
    The TR is all performance. light and twitchy, it really gives a much better ride with zero flex. i really notice the weight dercrease tossing in an out of mycar. huge difference.
    i wont go back to z frames, i'll roll box frames again from here on.
    I thought you was a guy who love minimalist wheelchairs lol.
    Depends what you call a better ride, flex could make the ride sometimes a bit smoother because the flex.
    I compare them like a car, the cantilevers are like a daily car with soft suspension and the box frames are like a sport suspension, the ride is better but in some situations more rough.

I`m in a box one and i love it, and the next time probably you will go for the Tr3, speak with Tilite for do you a custom desing welding your camber tube and take that stupid camber clamps out, you don`t need to adjust your cog, you are too old for that

It's an RGK Custom frame, take a max lite, tear out the cross braces, make all the tubing 19mm, simplefied foot plate, min titanium forks,
    Spinergy light extreem, 4-4.5 lb a set ish. Frame weighs in at 9-9.5 lb. so make it 13-14 lb assembled my bad.
    Last edited by Bluefairy; 08-09-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Depends what you call a better ride, flex could make the ride sometimes a bit smoother because the flex.
    I compare them like a car, the cantilevers are like a daily car with soft suspension and the box frames are like a sport suspension, the ride is better but in some situations more rough.

I`m in a box one and i love it, and the next time probably you will go for the Tr3, speak with Tilite for do you a custom desing welding your camber tube and take that stupid camber clamps out, you don`t need to adjust your cog, you are too old for that
    A few years ago I called TiLite customer service and asked if they would build a fixed COG frame chair and they said they would not. Maybe something has changed, but I would not assume so. Has anyone ever seen a fixed COG frame TiLite?

It's an RGK Custom frame, take a max lite, tear out the cross braces, make all the tubing 19mm, simplefied foot plate, min titanium forks,
    Spinergy light extreem, 4-4.5 lb a set ish.
    Got pics? Start a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post

yah, theres nothing to this chair. i put a supracor tens adj back on it, i absolutely love these supracor backs.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Build spec,
    I don't have any good Photos of the chair with me in it, only a few face on pics that barely show the chair.
    TiLite is not in the buisness of building custom chairs with fixed COG, they build off the shelf type customs
    that fit in to their specs, look at my specs and tell me if you think Ti would be willing to build me one.
    I doubt they even could.
    All mesurments are in MM.

Attachment 46058
    Last edited by Bluefairy; 08-09-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Spinergy light extreem, 4-4.5 lb a set ish. Frame weighs in at 9-9.5 lb. so make it 13-14 lb assembled my bad.
    Yep, that is the lightest rgk chair, if you don`t have options that add weight like softroll casters and sideguards could be really really light, i think they use 19mm OD titanium tube with 0.8mm wall tubing.

BTW, forks are stainless steel.