Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Board Suggestions

Transfer Board Suggestions

I need to pick the brains of the board again. I've been using wooden transfer boards since my injury 2 years ago. Still havent gotten the nerve to try the car, shower, stair glide by pivoting. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good transfer board. I saw some flexible plastic ones on another site which looked interesting. Thanks

These are the best slide boards we have found. They make them in a variety of configurations and lengths, and will also make custom sizes. One of the owners of the company has a C6 SCI himself, so he knows what people are usually looking for.

Ultraslick Transfer Boards

(KLD)

I agree with Nurse. Had been using normal wood boards until I went to new therapy spot and they use Ultraslicks. Bought 2 in different lengths and tossed the old one.

They just slliidde way better.

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

SCI-Nurse and others. What is your opinion on the Beasytrans transfer boards?

Beasytrans

yo nurse, how much for a normal length board usually.
    im going to get one.

Originally posted by Quad62:

SCI-Nurse and others. What is your opinion on the Beasytrans transfer boards?

http://www.beasytrans.com/index.html

I use one and I love it. It's a lot easier on my skin then my wooden board, especially with bare skin (shorts in the summer).

Sue

Beasy board is OK, but it is heavy and very bulky, and you have to be careful you don't get essential parts in the "groove" when you are transferring using it (esp. naked or in shorts).

Not sure of the prices for the Ultraslicks as I work for the VA and we get a special price. Best to contact them through their website.

(KLD)

Thanks Nurse!

Originally posted by fuentejps:

im going to get one.
    Fuente, if you're talking about the Ultraslicks, I ordered two of them. A normal length and a shorter one, the total was $132.00. Not cheap, but not a whole lot more than a good wood one.

McD

Originally posted by McDuff:

Originally posted by fuentejps:
    im going to get one.
    Fuente, if you're talking about the Ultraslicks, I ordered two of them. A normal length and a shorter one, the total was $132.00. Not cheap, but not a whole lot more than a good wood one.

McD

not bad. i payed near that for my accesible design boards. are they really that much easier to use?