Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity is at Mars and we are still sitting in our chairs

Curiosity is at Mars and we are still sitting in our chairs

Nice outlook.

I thought the same thing while I was reading it. Chasing Martian fairy tales with billions of dollars. Maybe when they find the Martians, they'll have a paralysis cure.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

i had the same thought, i'm sure with some proper engineering they can come up with something much better than that rewalk device to get us out of our
    chairs.

Money is not the problem to cure SCI, the problems are:

1) reserchers main focus is just on getting a nice publication
    2) SCI orgs maily show happy wheelers and hide the real shit of life with SCI
    3) SCI people are not resistent to the brainwashers that try to convince us that life with SCI it's fun. Just look at CDRF communication on FB...

Conclusion we sit here quiet and money go to mars!

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Look at it this way. The money spent on the mars mission is 1/10th of 1% of our countries education budget. If the children who watch the mars mission, learn to love science then are motivated to become engineers, doctors, researchers who one day end up making our lives better it is money well spent. We constantly bemoan the state of our education system, our shortage of engineers and scientists, this kind of mission can help ameliorate that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Look at it this way. The money spent on the mars mission is 1/10th of 1% of our countries education budget. If the children who watch the mars mission, learn to love science then are motivated to become engineers, doctors, researchers who one day end up making our lives better it is money well spent. We constantly bemoan the state of our education system, our shortage of engineers and scientists, this kind of mission can help ameliorate that problem.
    I think people with SCI should be euthanized in the ER so all the money spent for SCI people could be directed to land a man on Mars ASAP.
    This way people will stop suffering and education could benefit of the money now spent for SCI people.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

maybe its easier to land rovers on mars than to cure sci....

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I think people with SCI should be euthanized in the ER so all the money spent for SCI people could be directed to land a man on Mars ASAP.
    This way people will stop suffering and education could benefit of the money now spent for SCI people.

Paolo

There are millions of people with dozens or maybe hundreds of different terrible diseases in the same boat. The people of the US cannot agree on any one or three diseases to cure next year, but a majority want a space program. Life in a democracy.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post

Paolo
    Whatever, I worked at NASA for 8 years and there are always people that argue against basic research for things like welfare, SCI research, and a variety of other "better" uses for the paltry budget NASA has. A society that doesn't do basic research and strive to move our achievements as a society better is robbing future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Whatever, I worked at NASA for 8 years and there are always people that argue against basic research for things like welfare, SCI research, and a variety of other "better" uses for the paltry budget NASA has. A society that doesn't do basic research and strive to move our achievements as a society better is robbing future generations.
    definitely, whatever happened to bell labs? Research is so important!
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"