Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Junk Food

I think occasional junk food it okay but... occasional to me is every few months, for most people it's much sooner. But I don't think junk food is that dangerous, regular eaters might eat it once a week.. I'd be more afraid of addictive and high calorie soft drinks and biscuits... the kind of food you can just snack on all day without realizing. Nuts too, a handful of nuts is like 1000 calories I'm not joking, they're like liquid oil in calorie content.

Most junk food isn't even good away, I feel crappy after eating it. Vegetables all the way.
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

All things in moderation including admonishing others. Met my quota for the month

I firmly believe in what my doc told me years ago. If you make it from scratch, by hand, go for it. Yes all things in moderation. But if you hand crank the ice cream, or knead the bread by hand,-always using the best ingredients available- you deserve to enjoy it without guilt.--eak
    Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
    mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
    Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

I think one important thing is to not get hooked on addictive foods - soft drinks, coffees and biscuits are todays cocaine and more dangerous over time too...
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

Once a week I eat whatever I want. I eat healthy all week and I exercise so Sunday is fun-day. I want that balance of discipline and fun so I don't go crazy. Last Sunday it was Cantonese red pork with greasy salty chow fun noodles. Yum. Had Turkish delight candies later. Gotta have fun :-)

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Once a week I eat whatever I want. I eat healthy all week and I exercise so Sunday is fun-day. I want that balance of discipline and fun so I don't go crazy. Last Sunday it was Cantonese red pork with greasy salty chow fun noodles. Yum. Had Turkish delight candies later. Gotta have fun :-)
    Yeah in fact I heard that's the best way to do it (having a treat meal) after a week long period to keep discipline up until you get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Bell View Post
    Yeah in fact I heard that's the best way to do it (having a treat meal) after a week long period to keep discipline up until you get to that point.
    All week I eat for breakfast, non-fat milk with some protein powder and less than half a cupful of cereal, four hours later dried fruit for a snack and fiber, a couple hours later I have a lunch of fish, vegetables and rice with one tablespoon of olive oil and my big sweet snack indulgence of the day: plain chilled sticky rice with dried fruit and raw almonds.

So when Sunday comes, I eat and have some fun :-)

Some greek guy said: define your terms. What do you consider junk food? Beer, Scotch, wine? Beef? Raw or cooked? Personally I like an occasional worm and there is a grass hopper here, if you dip it in a little sugar its great. Some people ask me how I can eat that "junk".

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,
    Junk food is an informal term for food that is of little nutritional value and often high in fat, sugar, and calories

https://www.google.com.my/search?q=J...w=1396&bih=541

Also inclusive of cured food.
    Is canned food junk food? Should be