Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I know if my laptop has wireless?

Some computers turn wifi on and off with a key combo, and some have a slide switch etc. All computers these days come with wifi, it's standard. It would have to be a pretty old computer to not have wifi (or home built without it.) and even if a computer doesn't have internal wireless, you can purchase a usb wireless adapter.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Lin, there does seem to be a key combination, FN F8. My computer is less than a year old. I just figured that it didn't have it because it would have been an extra feature. Don't know much about computers. Know lots of stuff about other things, like RG8 cable and BNC connectors. RG6qs is fun stuff or I thought it would be .. oh, there I go waxing rhapsodic about RF connections ;-) Computers though, ain't my stuff. Sure glad there are folks who help me use them. :-)

I have an old IBM Laptop that has a wireless adapter buillt in that originally worked fine and then I installed one of the Microsoft XP updates and it hasn't worked right since so I got one of the USB units out of necessity. i hate Microsoft, so now I'm back on a Mac...

Do remember there are also these new things called Chlorox wipes. Yes, bathrooms are germy and keyboards and such need cleaned occasionally. But don't use those on your screen. I forget why. Mine does need a bit of coffee spew wiped off so what do people use to wipe down screens?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Do remember there are also these new things called Chlorox wipes. Yes, bathrooms are germy and keyboards and such need cleaned occasionally. But don't use those on your screen. I forget why. Mine does need a bit of coffee spew wiped off so what do people use to wipe down screens?
    They make things to clean monitor's like clorox wipes: http://www.amazon.com/Endust-Electro...onitor+cleaner

outside of specific screen cleaners its best to stick with straight water. And I wouldn't buy a no name screen cleaner either. Make sure to avoid touching your screen as well because the oils from your fingers aren't good for it. I usually use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe my screen, same ones i use for my glasses. If its really bad I'll wet a corner of it to wipe with first, and then dry with the rest of the cloth.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.