Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I know if my laptop has wireless?

How do I know if my laptop has wireless?

I'm getting a wireless router so I can use my Ipod at home but I don't know if my laptop has wireless built in, is there a way I can check?

Since checking for a wireless card varies from brand to brand and what system is running, it might help if we knew what laptop and operating system you have.

Short of that, you could go on line and check a specs page for your specific make and model.

All the best,
    GJ

Laptop info

Here's the info I could find, is this enough?

Attachment 46033

More info

Does this help? I don't know what it means.

Attachment 46034

Once again, yes, your computer has a wireless adapter.

I found it! I do have wireless. All this time I thought I didn't. My friend told me to look on the icon tray on the right lower corner. I clicked on the Network icon and it showed me a list of signals. That's great, that means I will be able to use the wireless router when it comes. A friend recently had to do the mass void for a colonoscopy and said he watched tv on his Ipad in the bathroom. It will be nice to know if I have to, soon I'll be able to go online there too :-) Who knew. I already had wireless. I wonder what other things my gadgets do that I don't know about.

Oh on that subject, I am too embarassed to tell how long it took before I realized there were canes inside my Tilite TR back that could be raised and so I could have a higher back. Geez I felt like kicking myself when I figured that out!

Thank you all for the help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Once again, yes, your computer has a wireless adapter.
    Yeah, it was the adapter part that was confusing me. I didn't know what that meant. Thanks for helping :-)

there may be a little switch on the front bottom of your laptop right under the led lights, if you switch it on, it activates the wireless adaptor.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Quote Originally Posted by trekker6 View Post
    there may be a little switch on the front bottom of your laptop right under the led lights, if you switch it on, it activates the wireless adaptor.
    I don't think there is a switch there. What I do is use the F8 key to turn it on and off then click on the Network icon on the bottom right of my screen, that shows me the wi-fi networks. Apparently everyone in my building has their own network because it's a long list. My router should arrive within a week. I got it for my Ipod but I will use it for the laptop if I need to move around.