Thread: Which is more durable the Oracing F2 or Tilite ZR?

Which is more durable the Oracing F2 or Tilite ZR?

Hi,

I was looking at new chairs and was wondering which is more durable the Oracing F2 or Tilite ZR? I would have thought the Tilite because of the titanium but have seen posts on here saying the Oracing is a well built chair.

The two are excellent chairs, i don`t know what you mean about durable, you want the chair for the next 30 years or something like that?

In cantilever frames titanium is better because have infinite fatigue and aluminium not, but in really almost of us the fatigue that we give to our chairs probably will not be any problem even if the chair was made by wood lol, for box frames forget that about the infinite fatigue.

Titanium is a better metal than aluminium but Oracing use one of the best aluminiums 7022 and their wall tubing can be thicker because aluminium is lighter, the backrest uphothestery is far superior than the tilite one and have the advantage that they do exactly the chair like you want.

The best advantage about the ZR is the hardness of the frame for get scratched, the scratches will not be deep, so with steel wool or scoth brite you could take them out of the chair if is ordered without paint.

But any of the two will be a good choice, so just go for your favorite.

What would be the best? a full welded Oracing made in titanium but will be very expensive, so a full welded Tilite with an Oracing back uphosthery will be similar...

Yeah I meant the least likely to break. That is good info thanks, I'm not sure what to go for yet.

You are not going to break the frame of any of them, and if so, they have a life frame warranty.

Hi,

I was more thinking of baggage handlers for instance, I've read before about people who had their wheelchair bent when travelling. I've read that aluminium chairs are easier to fix if something like that happened.

aluminum is easier to weld than titanium.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    aluminum is easier to weld than titanium.
    Are you a welder? because the welder who work in Oracing had weld titanium, steel and Aluminium always by TIG and he told me aluminium is more dificult of the three.
    Maybe is only more difficult the 7022 aluminium series they use, or maybe he was a liar, but that was told me by a professional TIG welder.

No I am not a welder. I only know what I've been told by welders, read here, and been told by chair manufacturers.

That said, 7000 series aluminum is supposed to be very difficult to weld. This is why for the Q7 quickie starts with 6000 series aluminum and bends and welds the frame, then heat treats the aluminum to turn it into 7000 series aluminum.

Aluminum being easier to weld than titanium is why people have said it's easier to repair an aluminum chair than a titanium one. Whether true or not, that is why the poster has read that aluminum is easier to repair.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    That said, 7000 series aluminum is supposed to be very difficult to weld. This is why for the Q7 quickie starts with 6000 series aluminum and bends and welds the frame, then heat treats the aluminum to turn it into 7000 series aluminum.

Don`t worth speak with somebody that dosen`t know where have his or her face.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Don`t worth speak with somebody that dosen`t know where have his or her face.
    I don't know what that means? Language barrier here I think.