I just read an article about a new study that shows workers who are disabled are more likely to be injured than non-disabled workers.

My first thought was: 'Great... How many people will use this as an excuse when doing job interviews?'

I've had so many interviehttp://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=88ws where it was pretty obvious that the reason why I didn't get the job was because of my disabilities (in fact on more than one occasion, the interviewer made a pretty sizable 'issue' out of it). This was before they had a 'study' to fall back on.

The article says:

“The increase in occupational injuries to workers with disabilities found in our study shows the need for better accommodation and safety programs in the workplace and the need for a safer working environment,” said the study’s co-author Huiyun Xiang, MD, PhD, MPH, Principal Investigator in the Center for Injury Research and Policy and an Associate Professor of the Division of Epidemiology at The Ohio State University College of Public Health. “Outreach programs that teach U.S. workers with disabilities occupational safety and health skills could play a significant role in preventing injuries.”
What do you think about the whole thing? I know some of you may say things like 'because of the ADA, no one can discriminate...' etc., but we all know this still happens more than 20 years after the ADA came into effect.