Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I might as well just light myself on fire :( :(

Would your doc prescribe prescription sleeping pills? Better to sleep than be in pain. Pulling for you Becky and can't wait for the day I can congratulate you on finishing school with flying colours!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Have you tried the Pain Clinic at RIC? Maybe your physiatrist can work with them...

There are tons of different meds to try for neuropathic pain, so it is crazy that the other Pain docs haven't worked with you.

I agree with other posters that usually a combination of types of meds work best. If Neurontin worked for you, then chances are very good that one of the other neuropathic pain meds might.

Sorry if is so hard to find the docs you need.

Sorry Becky, I'm stuck in the same place and have tried all the protocols over the years and try everything new. Push hard to see a differnt pain doc if you're getting nowhere. I went through 3. I just felt that they really didn't get how bad it can be and preferred easier patients. My current doc hasn't found anything either but tried at least 20 different approaches than the others and thankfully he gets it.

anyway, you're in my thoughts
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    I have tried at least three different pain clinics in the area and they have all told me to just learn to live with it. The only person who is trying to help me at all is my SCI doc. He was the one who referred me to the clinics because he wanted me to get stronger meds but, the docs there wanted to cut out what I was taking and start their plan, which was hardly a plan at all since it was basically what I told them hadn't worked before. So yes, there is a pain center but, it is a horrible one!

Becky
    That is bullshit. You need to get to a real clinic and get some opiates. Fentanyl, methadone, etc. I was like you till I managed to get on a reasonable medication mixture. Don't give up, just keep going back to the doctor and tell them what they are giving you is not working.

t8 is right, though id suggest time released oxycodone. it works well for pain and is one pill a day.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    That is bullshit. You need to get to a real clinic and get some opiates. Fentanyl, methadone, etc. I was like you till I managed to get on a reasonable medication mixture. Don't give up, just keep going back to the doctor and tell them what they are giving you is not working.
    And when those don't work?
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

thought about the title of this thread. I know I'm "luckier" than many being highly functional though going down hill faster and faster, but.

If I set myself on fire I likely wouldn't feel it or feel any worse and at least the idiots who say "but you look sooooo gooooood you must be feeling better, you're probably healing" would silently "say holy shit he looks awful and must be in a lot of pain" as they looked away.

God this pain sucks, and the spasms are so bad I'm over doing my meds and the cocktail is perilously close to fatal and I have 5 months and nine days til my list is finished. tick tock tick tock...

All that I am is all gone.

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Ket,

That is exactly why I titled the post the way I did. I am thinking maybe if I come into someone's office lit on fire, that they can actually see, they will take me seriously and realize that I am not just "wasting their time"!!! On a side note, I am NOT ready for classes to start on Monday ....

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Becky, I know you don't need one more thing on your plate, and now school is starting on top of everything else! Dang, I wish you could get some help with that pain, at least enough to tone it down a few notches. You'd think your doctors would take you seriously by now, after all you have been through.

Normally I am not worried about getting through the semester because it's just my academic courses but this semester and the beginning of Spring I am student teaching..... Which means even less time for me and MUCH more stress on top of my academic courses.... AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!