Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My design of handcontrol

A marine Teleflex type of cable could possibly work

When we first put the custom hand controls on my car we originally attached the cable to the throttle body. But soon realized that the spring on the throttle body was not strong enough to handle the extra cable which caused the throttle body to stay open. Scared the shit out of me when I realized that the throttle was hung while driving, I had to turn the ignition off just so I could get stopped.

I'm not trying to kill the design, just trying to let everyone know about my experience with this type of hand control.
    Last edited by stumpybushman; 08-02-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    When we first put the custom hand controls on my car we originally attached the cable to the throttle body. But soon realized that the spring on the throttle body was not strong enough to handle the extra cable which caused the throttle body to stay open. Scared the shit out of me when I realized that the throttle was hung while driving, I had to turn the ignition off just so I could get stopped.

I'm not trying to kill the design, just trying to let everyone know about my experience with this type of hand control.
    Thanks for your info.
    I do consider the issue you encounter, that's why I just use short cable, and not directly attach to the throttle. Also I sometimes need others to drive my car as well, if I attach to the throttle, others might not familiar with the hand control.

And my cable is to pull the gas rod, not to the pedal, not like wellsengberg design, need to drill hole on the floor.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.