Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rec a digital watch with reminders for meds?

Rec a digital watch with reminders for meds?

I need to take a med every four hours during the day and I'm having trouble remembering. I've been setting my watch alarm to go off four hours after I take a pill but I was wondering if anyone knows of a digital watch with multiple alarms. I only need four reminders since I always take one with breakfast so I never forget that. Any recommendations?

Timex has many ironman or training models that would work for you. I can't remember which one I
    bought but it I timed it for pressure release reminders. Try amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinfree View Post
    Timex has many ironman or training models that would work for you. I can't remember which one I
    bought but it I timed it for pressure release reminders. Try amazon.com
    Very cool, thanks a lot. They have a pretty good company website, I will go check it out. :-)

What about using your cell phone to set an alarm every four hours

Whenever I am on antibiotics I use my iPhone to alert me when I need to take them.
    C5 as of 6-13- 2010

Loved my Blackberry for alarms ... can't figure out how to do it on iPhone (2nd day owner).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

My Dad also got the Ironman, initially for pressure release reminders. He really likes them, several models (check carefully...) have the recurring alarm feature.

Unfortunately, we found that my Dad's brain learned to "block out" the beep of the alarm over time... Hope you will be more successful.

Thanks for the help, I found and just bought this. I went to Timex and spoke with their tech support then I went to Casio. The Casio seemed to have what I wanted. This watch has four daily alarlms I can set. It's light and inexpensive too.

Btw on the smartphone suggestions, I don't have one. Money is too tight for those nifty gadgets. Hopefully this watch will work out. It's so annoying to forget a med and then play catch up all day especially as it pushes it late in to the night so I have to stay awake or wake up later to take one. This should do the trick. CC is so great, thanks guys! :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370635210760...84.m1439.l2649

Attachment 45953

I take meds every 4 hours as well, including through the night. I use my phone alarms. The names of the alarms aalso tell me which meds I need to take. Though it's automatic, in the middle of the night or with a med change it's helpful. It's also 'code' so someone else doesn't know, like my morphine doses pop up on the alarm as M1 M2 M3. Metoprolol is Me, etc. And each alarm is also a different song lol. That's mostly to help the boredom of it!

I see you found a watch, I can't wear them anymore due to wrist braces. For anyone else in need you also don't need a smartphone for one that offers alarms. If your phone doesn't, there are websites you can sign up with to get med or any reminders texted (or called) to your phone. Like daily, weekly, monthly, or one time.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Loved my Blackberry for alarms ... can't figure out how to do it on iPhone (2nd day owner).
    Lynnifer - go to "clock" and then at the bottom of the screen you'll see Alarms as an option to touch (this may be the option open, it leaves it whatever the last used was, not sure about on a new phone).

Anyhow, they're pretty easy to set from here. I use them constantly for reminders! "Reminders" is also good, I use that for alarms that I won't necessarily need to repeat.

I like Alarms because I can snooze it.

I was at the clock ... *red-faced* but didn't notice the options below. Did I mention that I miss my Blackberry? hehe .. thank you sooo much! (And I went to 'reminders' but couldn't figure it out either. Obviously need to research online .. karma has paid me a visit as I laughed at my eldest bro for taking a class to operate his Android phone).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12