Thread: upgrade of handcycle componite

upgrade of handcycle componite

Hi, i have a Top end G force, though of doing some upgrading like derailer and my crank handle. I wanted to check,can use those normal bike derailer and casette and also about the crank is there any other crank that can set into my G force. and anyone got a good website to buy handcycle accessory as above item mention. Thanks in advance.

First thing I do is upgrade to a good chain, get rid of the iron T/E puts on. Rotor Q Ring chainrings would really make a difference in the efficiency of the bike and save on the shoulders bigtime.. Crank handles I change to the Bike-on ergonomic grip. They are adjustable re wrist position and have a good support for the downstroke.http://bike-on.com/product/bike-on-e...-grip-1060.htm

Bout the only thing you can change re the cranks would length and width. Shorter crank means faster crank speed while longer cranks takes more power. If you are a small, fast twitch type muscled guy, you want a shorter faster crank. If you are a bigger burly type guy you'd want a longer crank for power.

Quote Originally Posted by jashoot View Post
    Hi, i have a Top end G force, though of doing some upgrading like derailer and my crank handle. I wanted to check,can use those normal bike derailer and casette and also about the crank is there any other crank that can set into my G force. and anyone got a good website to buy handcycle accessory as above item mention. Thanks in advance.
    I have changed my 26 little chain crank for a 22 and the other days i went to the bike shop and my 11-32 Shimano cassette i changed for a 12-36 cassette.

Love the difference, i`m runing with a crank set 22-36-48 and a 9 speed 12-36 cassette with 175mm crank handles.

And about everything else you can change everything you want, you only need money and they correct guy who know what and how to do it.

imo changing the shit stock cables both inner and housing is huge, and the little end stop pieces on the cables housing. te uses plastic, chances r they r all split making for shit shifting.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hi Guys, Thanks for the info. My gear cable got snap and I go replace on my own. And now My chain like quite lose whenever I shift the gear from 3 to 4 got those chain sound like tweaking but after i change to 5 and others gear is back to normal. anyone got advise.

your "front" derailuer needs adjusting. When you put the cable on, you didn't align it after. Put chain in 4th cog if 9 speed and tighten or loosen the adjustment knob on the derailuer til it and the chain line up on the cog. Hope that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    your "front" derailuer needs adjusting. When you put the cable on, you didn't align it after. Put chain in 4th cog if 9 speed and tighten or loosen the adjustment knob on the derailuer til it and the chain line up on the cog. Hope that made sense.

Thanks Patrick. now my gear is back to normal. anyone knows where we can purchsed our handcycle wheel for my Top end force?

Have one built at your local bike shop or order one. You can get a better deal locally with a much better built wheel. If you get one built, I suggest you use double butted satinless spokes. They are much lighter and have more inertia plus a lot stronger.

Glad yo u got it back to normal; it's frustrating having a front d. that's not right.