Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Miami Project announcement, 10 AM Today (Tuesday)

China scinet research will probably lap them several times over.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Man I hate to be so negative but I heard from a reliable source 5 years ago that this therapy won't work. I think MP felt pressured to get "Something" into trials as others have done so in less time and with less money...Hope I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    China scinet research will probably lap them several times over.
    Wise and his team will have results from this Phase III study completed well before MP or StemCells Inc. even finishes Phase I, and likely well before CDRF, RIRC, or anyone else even applies to the FDA with anything for chronic SCI.

I think that if the ChinaSCINet trial results show the trend for efficacy that Wise suggests, there will be a lot of hand-wringing and rending of garments at some of these big SCI organizations. At least I hope so, because it will be well-deserved.

Up until today, the big trial idea from MP was "let's put ice on it."

26 years and a gazillion of dollars raised, to "*start*" a clinical trial... on acutes... with a one bullet therapy... okay jose!
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

A scant two-and-a-half decades after the Miami Project was started by an NFL hall of famer in a country that worships football. Please ponder the implications of that before e-pissing on Wise, you dimbulbs.

I'll be the lead pisser if October comes and it turns out his open-house videos were BS. I just think we owe him the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, I have spent some time at the Miami Project and met Marc Buoniconti. I think he urgently wants a cure as much as anyone. That does not mean I have to agree or any of you have to agree with everything or anything the Miami Project does. It just means that I think they are trying.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by rjg View Post
    A scant two-and-a-half decades after the Miami Project was started by an NFL hall of famer in a country that worships football. Please ponder the implications of that before e-pissing on Wise, you dimbulbs.
    What are talking about? We're all team Wise here, or most of us at least.

Who do you perceive e-pissing on Wise?

Miami project has not shown enough return on investment. I am not the only one that feels that way.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    They are starting human clinical trials, a big step.
    Yes it is. So far they have only Jackson in Miami as a recruiting site. With inclusion criteria similar to Geron's it will take a long time (years) to recruit 8 unless they find other sites to partner with.

Saw it somewhere else last night online ... I hope it works for them. They've been studying these cells FOREVER so I hope it's a slam dunk.

Regardless, it's nice to see trials coming out of MP finally. (In emerge 27yrs ago, "Oh kid don't worry, you'll be walking and running again in five years .. there's this great place in Florida called the Miami Project ... )

ETA: Their 2004 combo that apparently no one else could replicate:
    http://scienceblog.com/2757/combo-th...l-cord-injury/
    Last edited by lynnifer; 08-01-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12