Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Miami Project announcement, 10 AM Today (Tuesday)

hello all
    I just give my opinion ...
    for me this therapy will not work at all, not a finger move over, I really hope I am wrong because I'm like you on the lookout for a therapy for me to walk again!
    I understand why this therapy is so much noise on this forum, while the is to Gregoire Courtine much more exciting .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDkkAK5tZ4

What do you think of the therapy to Gregoire Courtine?
    Mr Wise Young, you have not commented on the therapy to Gregoire Courtine.
    Can you make one?

And other, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by KofQ View Post
    I think they announced a collaboration with MP just to signal to shareholders that they have a cash cow to go to for trial funds without having to dilute the share price or take on usurious financing terms to remain in operation.
    http://www.massdevice.com/news/inviv...njury-research

http://www.masshightech.com/stories/...reatments.html

I noticed these articles from 15 months ago.

I really wish there were more research news on chronic spinal cord injuries...

Anyone else with chronic SCI feel frustrated by the lack of progress? It would be great to have a reason for optimism about a "cure" or at least a therapy/surgery that improves function/independence for those of us with chronic SCI.

Kyle, C4/5...17 years post injury.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleP2112 View Post

Anyone else with chronic SCI feel frustrated by the lack of progress? It would be great to have a reason for optimism about a "cure" or at least a therapy/surgery that improves function/independence for those of us with chronic SCI.

I just think it shows how challenging the problem of finding a cure for scis really is. I wonder if there are enough scientists doing research (enough perspectives) to really make any progress.

And the truth will set you free!

It's all finger puppets against the cave wall down in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by KofQ View Post
    I don't think InVivo can afford to wait 3-5 years for MP to complete this trial. Their balance sheet suggests that they can't last more than another six months without some tangible progress. They have been talking about the scaffold approval, which was supposed to happen a couple of months ago at the latest (huge red flag). I think they announced a collaboration with MP just to signal to shareholders that they have a cash cow to go to for trial funds without having to dilute the share price or take on usurious financing terms to remain in operation.

I think that's the idea. Keep the checks coming in from uninformed donors to keep the lights on and the 401k plans fully funded.

It's the same situation at CDRF. They have an acute trial of Riluzole that isn't doing anybody any good.

This trial is about saying "Look! We have a trial going, too." while other groups leapfrog past them on budgets one-tenth the size.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleP2112 View Post

I'm very frustrated. 22yrs chronic and counting. I'm a c4-c5 walking incomplete and I'm starting to have issues with my health. My strength, balance and energy levels are all starting to give me problems. I'm getting old and my window opportunity closes a bit more every year.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

I am going to play devil's advocate here. The timing of all this smells a little bit like politics (or b.s. same odor) 4 years ago about this time we were a priority. Then every 8-10 months a news story about rats walking or chimps walking, other than that lots of crickets chirping.
    Now after 25 years and enough money to send every person in a wheelchair to the moon and back......finally MP is approved phase I trials? on something that nobody believes works. Something they have had on the shelf for years.
    I am willing to bet this will be mentioned by a presidential candidate in the next 2-3 weeks.

P.S. I do not wear an aluminum foil hat or believe in conspiracy theories. I am no more or less for Obama than Mitt , in fact I am ashamed that all our country can come up with for choices is these 2. dont care if you think i am right wing or left wing. I am just saying we are at the mercy of politics. Why is Dr.Young in China and not New Jersey?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smirking1 View Post
    I am going to play devil's advocate here. The timing of all this smells a little bit like politics (or b.s. same odor) 4 years ago about this time we were a priority. Then every 8-10 months a news story about rats walking or chimps walking, other than that lots of crickets chirping.
    Now after 25 years and enough money to send every person in a wheelchair to the moon and back......finally MP is approved phase I trials? on something that nobody believes works. Something they have had on the shelf for years.
    I am willing to bet this will be mentioned by a presidential candidate in the next 2-3 weeks.

P.S. I do not wear an aluminum foil hat or believe in conspiracy theories. I am no more or less for Obama than Mitt , in fact I am ashamed that all our country can come up with for choices is these 2. dont care if you think i am right wing or left wing. I am just saying we are at the mercy of politics. Why is Dr.Young in China and not New Jersey?
    I think I'd vote for you for POTUS.

"recent spinal cord injuries"

and we're excited about???
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

in my opinion be patience, be positive and keep in good health, please remember there is a protocol to follow, this is just the begining of this trial, hope the results are ok then they will proceed with the effectiviness in acute & cronics as well, thank God there are other trials in progress and thanks to Wise for working so hard to find us a CURE, God Speed

best regards

Jose C6-C7, 7 years post injury