Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportaid is having a 30% off sale on the Icon

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    and how many chairs haven been sold through this sale.
    Plenty. I'm just relaying info on a sale for anyone looking to save a few pesos.

plenty isnt a number. i see they also have a fundraising campaign to raise money for inventory. is everything OK in the Icon camp?

Yes, things are good. I'm not privy to sales numbers, but I do know that product is moving well – and more is obviously better. The costs of R&D & production batches are high, and sales are needed to keep moving forward. Promotions can drive sales. Simple as that.

I'll see if Jeff will chime in though.

Everything is fine - we have solid investors, and solid manufacturing partners.

Additional fundraising for inventory is usually due to quicker growth than anticipated, which is the case with Icon. We have been bringing money in through investment as we need it, because to bring it in all at once in the early days would have beat us up as founders.

I can hold a tranche for you if you want some stock.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    Everything is fine - we have solid investors, and solid manufacturing partners.

Additional fundraising for inventory is usually due to quicker growth than anticipated, which is the case with Icon. We have been bringing money in through investment as we need it, because to bring it in all at once in the early days would have beat us up as founders.

I can hold a tranche for you if you want some stock.
    well thats good to hear, you know how we all feel about you 2 and the good things are tryin to do. its been a little silent from both you and new owners.

stock tranche?!?!, hail no, not when ur giving chairs away at 30% off, how the hell am i gonna get my money back, lol

plenty isnt a number. i see they also have a fundraising campaign to raise money for inventory. is everything OK in the Icon camp?
    I'm glad you asked, Bob! Frankly, I was curious, too.

Glad to hear business is moving along, for Icon, too.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I think this was just a ploy by Jeff to create speculation knowing that someone would discover his Indiegogo page, become concerned, and make a comment about it in this thread. By posting the comment, this thread got moved back to the top of the page.

It's the old "How to bump without saying bump" technique taken straight out of the Guerrilla Marketing Handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I think this was just a ploy by Jeff to create speculation knowing that someone would discover his Indiegogo page, become concerned, and make a comment about it in this thread. By posting the comment, this thread got moved back to the top of the page.

It's the old "How to bump without saying bump" technique taken straight out of the Guerrilla Marketing Handbook.
    LOL!!

And here I am, playing right into their hands!

Muuuuahahahaahaha.....

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

its been a little silent from both you and new owners.
    no news is good news
    if there were problems with the chair I'm sure you'd here about it. Can't say I've had any major ones myself.

There is the law of supply and demand.
    Low demand make prices go down, big demand make prices stay or go up.

The biggest example of that i see it with the freewheel, just a little bike kid wheel and a bit of aluminium made in Asia which cost price could be less than $30 is sell to customers with the same price that an entire good enough bicycle, why? well simple, Pat have the pattent and there is only him in the market and a lot of people want his wheel, so the prices...