Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best chair

Best chair

Looking for a lite weight chair to take in and out of mid size pickup truck, I've never used this kind of chair or driven my truck since sci. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have a TiLite ZR and I can put it into my truck easily. I had the jump seats taken out and it fits right behind my seat.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks for the help I know there are many choices it is confusing just want something nice an lite that I can throw in passenger seat.

What chair are you using now? I suggest your first ultralight be adjustable so you can tune it in.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota02 View Post
    Thanks for the help I know there are many choices it is confusing just want something nice an lite that I can throw in passenger seat.
    with any ultralitht cantilever chair you could do that and with a box frame too, same as mine.

Lasher Sport makes a Magnesium frame chair thats nice and lightweight.

The best chair depends on your needs as well as things like price range/insurance coverage. I got the best chair for me, but plenty on this forum have been vocal about disliking the company or model I went with.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick c5 c6 quad View Post
    Lasher Sport makes a Magnesium frame chair thats nice and lightweight.

Are a lot of good brands out there, the most important thing is that the chair fit to you perfect and you feel confortable in it.

i roll in a Kueschall now but will go back to a top end by invacare next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota02 View Post
    Looking for a lite weight chair to take in and out of mid size pickup truck, I've never used this kind of chair or driven my truck since sci. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    If you are paying out of pocket and _know_ your wheelchair specs (exactly) check out Mike Box's chairs. He builds nice light chairs specialized for each individual for dirt cheap. http://www.mikeboxdesigns.com/#!about

I will say his website really doesn't do his everyday chairs justice, I have been up-close-and-personal with a few of them and they are excellent rides. (this coming from the proud owner of a Lasher BT-Mg and Oracing Xtreme Box)

my advice (no matter who's paying) - buddy up with a couple local mobility businesses and try out ("demo") as many chairs as you can.. when you find something really comfortable steal the specs from it and order what you want. Do your homework, an educated consumer is a happy one.
    Last edited by tooley; 07-25-2012 at 03:58 PM.