Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Muscle Chair--Invacare Torque SP Off-Pavement Configuration

I'm in the process of changing from a Ranger X that's approx 13 yrs. old and found a very clean 4 yr. old Torque 3 (w/ 4 pole motors) at a reasonable price... what are the major differences between the Torque 3 & the SP variant listed here?

My Ranger X has the 14x4 tires which have been wonderful considering I'm active outdoors... will they fit right on the Torque 3 or will I have to change hubs? Are the DK-PCM08 computers more reliable than the old MKIV variants as I've replaced about 4 of those over the years?

The only difference between the torque 3 and SP is the gear box. The SP is 6.5mph and the 3 is 5.8mph

Invacare had to make a sub 6mph chair to fit within the "group 3 medicare code"

Your 14x4 wheels will probably fit.

Thanks for the reply.

Speed isn't my primary concern, reliability is... my Ranger X didn't give me any problems until early last year when a coupler broke on the right side and then late last year the gear box on the left side started popping so we replaced it with a spare I already had stored (found on ebay of course). Is speed based more on the size of the electric motor or the actual gear box itself.

Sorry for all the questions but we've handled all the repairs on our own the last decade and stumbling across this site when looking for spare 14x4 wheels has been helpful. Speaking of those wheels anybody know where to find any?

the gearbox has different gearing...

regarding buying 14x4 wheels. They are really hard to come by used. If you are willing to buy new, go to Invacare.com/homecare and look up the part # you need/want. Then email www.bike-on.com the part # and ask them to order it for you.