Thread: MS and C. Pnemonia

MS and C. Pnemonia

Has anyone tried this approach? Any evidence of benefit?

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

The article presents evidence that at least some cases of SPMS may actually be caused by "the primary respiratory pathogen Chlamydophila (Chlamydia) pneumoniae " and is curable with a pronlonged course of antibiotics.

Any comments?

I've heard of that, but hadn't seen updated information in quite awhile...I see that Wheldon has added a page to his site. Your new doctor seems open to novel approaches, maybe he'd be interested in Wheldon's theory - or even familiar with it.

How's the pulsed steroid therapy going? Any improvements?

At best, very, very minor improvement. Only one shot...next one happens Aug. 3rd...we'll see if I need the paramedics the next day.

I did ask new neuro to increase Zanaflex to 4mg 5 per day. Since DW managed to damage her back, I take the 5th one in the middle of the night and can at least get out of bed myself in the morning. Steroids? Zanaflex? Not sure. Walking is no better.

Grasping at straws, I know, but this Chlamydophila (Chlamydia) pneumoniae seems to fit. My symptoms didn't pop up until I was 62 and my dowward progression seems to follow the discussion in the article.

I'll see if one of my doctors is at least willing to give it a try.

Right, it's hard to know which things are helping - yet we have little choice but to approach MS from a variety of angles, hoping for the best! If you want to try Wheldon's therapy, I hope your doctor will be supportive. He'll probably want to wait until the pulsed steroid program is finished, otherwise the picture could get confusing.

Well, since I had an unusual reaction to the first infusion...extreme weakness the next day...we agreed to get it one more try to see what happens. If positive results are not more pronounced and immediate, I'll hit him with Wheldon and see what he says..

Sounds like a good plan!