Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Round betty carbon fiber caster's progress update

  1. #1

    Round betty carbon fiber caster's progress update

    Here are some updated pictures of our Carbon Fiber Casters and information. We will be offering a 5-spoke version and a solid. The wheels will be available direct from us for a limited time on the Round Betty website .We will be starting off with offering them in a 4" x 1.4" soft roll and then eventually a 5" x 1.4" soft roll. They will be a universal fork fitting wheel including Frog Leg Uni-tine forks. Please post any questions or comments.


    -Thank you.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick [RB] View Post
    Here are some updated pictures of our Carbon Fiber Casters and information. We will be offering a 5-spoke version and a solid. The wheels will be available direct from us for a limited time on the Round Betty website .We will be starting off with offering them in a 4" x 1.4" soft roll and then eventually a 5" x 1.4" soft roll. They will be a universal fork fitting wheel including Frog Leg Uni-tine forks. Please post any questions or comments.


    -Thank you.
    Erick, Are you using these on your chair presently? What are your impressions of them? How do they improve the ride compared to an aluminum hub caster? Is the rubber on the caster identical to that used on FL's casters? The cutouts on the 5-spoke versions look like they need additional finishing.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Erick, Are you using these on your chair presently? What are your impressions of them? How do they improve the ride compared to an aluminum hub caster? Is the rubber on the caster identical to that used on FL's casters? The cutouts on the 5-spoke versions look like they need additional finishing.
    Yes , I have been using the Carbon casters for about 5 months. I like them quite a bit. In my opinion they give a little smoother ride compared to the Aluminum casters..they seem to absorb vibrations better. Yes the rubber is like the Frog Legs "soft roll" . The cut-outs are actually CNC machined.The pictures dont do them justice they do look good if you were to physically see them. I will post better pictures soon.

  4. #4
    I like the spoke version, what is the thickness of the spokes?
    What`s the weight of the spoke version in the two sizes?
    Last edited by totoL1; 07-29-2012 at 08:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,109
    These look fantastic.

    Please make a size larger than 4". I go a lot of high-speed wheeling through streets and need the larger hubs to negotiate the cracks, holes, and manhole covers.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078
    What will be the prices per pair. I really like them and would like to know prices and when they would be for sale.

  7. #7
    Senior Member wtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    silver state
    Posts
    3,491
    Erick

    Post pictures of them on your chair. Thanks

  8. #8
    I love light-weight casters; they make a huge difference. I don't mind some extra weight (even pounds) in the chair itself, but in the casters a few grams lighter correlates directly to a faster possible ride without flutter.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

  9. #9
    Would it be possible to make the solid ones without the dish? Flat so they don't fill with snow, mud.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I like the spoke version, what is the thickness of the spokes?
    What`s the weight of the spoke version in the two sizes?

    The weight of the 4" spoke version is coming in at 205g the solid 212g .

Similar Threads

  1. Round betty carbon fiber caster's
    By Erick [RB] in forum Equipment
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 02:54 PM
  2. Round betty carbon fiber caster's
    By Erick [RB] in forum Equipment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 02:33 PM
  3. Round Betty Wheels
    By Erick [RB] in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 03:31 PM
  4. Round Betty Wheels
    By Virgil in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:54 PM
  5. $19 round betty wheelz?
    By s2sgacia in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •