Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best crossbow to buy???

best crossbow to buy???

I am thinking about buying a crossbow and would love some advice on which model would be the easiest to use. I'm t3 by the way. I have never used a crossbow before (used to use a compound bow before my injury). I'm hoping to keep the costs down but I'd like something that's really easy to use. Any help would be appreciated!

If I had the money, I'd get the Parker Concorde. It cocks and un-cocks itself using a CO2 canister. I won an Excalibur crossbow via a facebook contest and while it is powerful and reliable, it is a little hard to cock. My dad assists me with my shooting/hunting, but after 5-10 shots with it, his back (which is bad anyway) is killing him. If you have someone young and strong to cock yours for you, I would find one light enough that you can hold and shoot without getting tired. That is, unless you use a bipod or mount of some type. You might narrow down your selection by comparing their weight along with price.

None of the crossbows are really inexpensive but I believe all makers now use a crank cocking device or can be adapted for one. Being a T3 you shouldn't have any trouble using one. Try Ebay or Craig's List for buying.

ten point crossbows

ive been using them for 10 years. you can get a crank to cock the bow back.my stealth shoots over 300 ft per sec it has a great scope on it that compenstates for arrow drop very deadly.also the limbs are only 11 inchs long great for shooting out my jeep window.

You're going zombie hunting, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    You're going zombie hunting, aren't you?
    I know Daryl from "The Walking Dead" likes to use a crossbow for killing zombies, but considering the time it takes to reload a crossbow, it's not exactly practical. I'd go with a low draw weight recurve to take out the zombie hoard. lol

My late son and I used to seriously discuss this. He was a great crossbow advocate due to the silence. I asked him why the silence was required; Jake said "Sheesh Mom, that's Zombie 101!" Also he said "Because if you use a noisy gun you'll be dealing with a shitton of zombies!"

He schooled me, then he made me watch Walking Dead. AND taught me the proper usage of shitton!

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    My late son and I used to seriously discuss this. He was a great crossbow advocate due to the silence. I asked him why the silence was required; Jake said "Sheesh Mom, that's Zombie 101!" Also he said "Because if you use a noisy gun you'll be dealing with a shitton of zombies!"

He schooled me, then he made me watch Walking Dead. AND taught me the proper usage of shitton!
    Some crossbows are quieter than others, but very few are quieter than bows. My weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse would be a semi-automatic .22 with a silencer/suppressor, a laser-sight and a shitton of sub-sonic ammunition. It would be as quiet or quieter than some crossbows and could shoot 20 walkers before you could reload a crossbow. (I've spent too much time considering this.)

scorpyd makes the best reverse-draw bows. lightning fast and cool-looking. the guy invented reverse-draw technology.

If/when I buy mine, it'll be a Scorpyd.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA