Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cyscostopy Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I know we are the same whereever we live I have had a lot of infections for the last 35years and that is why I am asking. Because nobody here has ever mention bladder stones and I have an appointment i August so then I will ask but I have to know what to ask for.

Yea lol I figured you knew that. lol

Copy the pages here of everyone with them. So he can read.

Bente, I think I'd ask him what the symptoms are for having bladder stones versus kidney stones. If he insists there are no such things as bladder stones I would ask when he last went to an international urology conference or read an international urology journal.

Mona, my instructions for afterwards also suggest calling for anything dark. I'd check in with his nurse by phone in the morning. And do mention the hickeys!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thanks Sue!

They must have leaned on me or placed something on me.
    My thigh hickey is square. Both the belly & thigh is on the right side.
    Like he was working on that 1 side.

I will.

BTW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,clear urine this morning! Yea!

I have been googling. Bladder stones are only for men with prostate infection when I google in Norwegian
    TH 12, 43 years post

Both- caused by infection- called struvite- sound sliek an expensive gym on the home shopping channel. Could be kidney stones -small tha moved to bladder or with pooling of urine- that is why it is important to empty bladder. Also you may have bladder infection without kidney infection.They occur and not jsut in men with prostate issues. Both usually pass if small with drinking alot of water or when cathing or when irrigatingbut can get bigger and get stuck to lining etc...
    Can see bladder stones on abdominal x-ray. RUS- to see kidney stones. Then do CT scan-renal stone protocol to get more specifics.
    Cysto- can wash out or get with grasper . If big and stuck to wall have to have cystolitopaxy(surgery).

Certain organisms in uti are stone formers- i.e. klebsiella.
    So drink lots of water, make sure bladder is empty, try not to get Uti's. if certain organsms- may treat even with out too many symptoms if stone former. Irrigate your bladder if you see alot of sediment etc.. with sterile water or normal saline.
    If still have them- they are caused by infection but also thought to keep recurrign infections so if having uti's we get advise getting them out and treating and see if will not reoccur as often. I f not having uti's. then... we wiat and see if gets bigger and if not obstructing then no big hurry.
    For both stones- can be a vicious cycle.
    Others- hever get them.
    CWO

Both- caused by infection- called struvite- sound sliek an expensive gym on the home shopping channel. Could be kidney stones -small tha moved to bladder or with pooling of urine- that is why it is important to empty bladder. Also you may have bladder infection without kidney infection.They occur and not jsut in men with prostate issues. Both usually pass if small with drinking alot of water or when cathing or when irrigatingbut can get bigger and get stuck to lining etc...
    Can see bladder stones on abdominal x-ray. RUS- to see kidney stones. Then do CT scan-renal stone protocol to get more specifics.
    Cysto- can wash out or get with grasper . If big and stuck to wall have to have cystolitopaxy(surgery).

So drink lots of water, make sure bladder is empty, try not to get Uti's. if certain organsms- may treat even with out too many symptoms if stone former. Irrigate your bladder if you see alot of sediment etc.. with sterile water or normal saline.
    If still have them- they are caused by infection but also thought to keep recurrign infections so if having uti's we get advise getting them out and treating and see if will not reoccur as often. I f not having uti's. then... we wiat and see if gets bigger and if not obstructing then no big hurry.
    Others- hever get them.
    CWO

Others- hever get them.
    CWO

Others- never get them.
    CWO