Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Cyscostopy Yesterday

  1. #11
    Abdominal x-rays will pick them up. caused by infections in SCI pts for the most part.
    CWO

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,864
    he prolly aggravated the stones that caused them to roll around and scratch the bladder walls. you still need to call him
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Have do you find out you have bladderstones. I am asking because nobody here has heard about it.
    Not yet Bente. I guess she didn't work Friday. Waiting for reply. I'll definately post what she says. I know she does it if that's enough. She told me to bring her some. What Dr. except him would only give you 2 out of hundreds?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Abdominal x-rays will pick them up. caused by infections in SCI pts for the most part.
    CWO
    But why are Americans having bladderstones and not any Norwegian? I have never taken an X-ray of my bladder. I asked my neuroulogist here what a bladder stone was and he thought I meant a kidney stone. I was asking him because I get infections all the time and have read about it here.
    TH 12, 43 years post

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    he prolly aggravated the stones that caused them to roll around and scratch the bladder walls. you still need to call him
    It's been 50 hrs since surgery & it's still got a pink tinge in the tube. But it's dark brown or light black in the bag. Is this normal.

    The paper says call if there's big clots & there's no clots any more.
    No fever, no upset stomach any more. I feel normal.
    Except the discoloration.

    Thanks cryptic gimp.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Bente as far as humans we're all alike no matter where we live. The Dr's there evidently don't care or they are uneducated about stones.

    Stones left in the bladder will definately cause infections.
    I had infections & was put on 2 antibiotics to try to attack before surgery.
    I'm still on them.

  7. #17
    Mona,
    Its so good to hear Im not the only one dealing with bladder stones. I thought I was alone! Ive been dealing with bladder stones for many years now. No matter how much I drink, take supplements, cath or change my foley (i use both), I always get them. Ive had two open surgeries (2008 & 2011) to remove them. My doctor is recommending a cystoscopy every 4 months to check the bladder. I had my last surgery in November. As of last April, we did cystoscopy and I had no stones. Thank god! It sounds like youll be ok. There was probably alot of trauma from the surgery. I have found that urologists dont get overly concerned with blood unless its a very large ammount and/or it doesnt stop in a reasonable time.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    Bente as far as humans we're all alike no matter where we live. The Dr's there evidently don't care or they are uneducated about stones.

    Stones left in the bladder will definately cause infections.
    I had infections & was put on 2 antibiotics to try to attack before surgery.
    I'm still on them.

    I know we are the same whereever we live I have had a lot of infections for the last 35years and that is why I am asking. Because nobody here has ever mention bladder stones and I have an appointment i August so then I will ask but I have to know what to ask for.
    TH 12, 43 years post

  9. #19
    Woman from Europe-
    Bladder stones are almost always caused by infection or even just a little bacteria hanging out in the bladder. They are called struvite stones. Yet, Ive known many people who are chronically infected, who never get them. There may be a genetic or metabolic component.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by para33 View Post
    Mona,
    Its so good to hear Im not the only one dealing with bladder stones. I thought I was alone! Ive been dealing with bladder stones for many years now. No matter how much I drink, take supplements, cath or change my foley (i use both), I always get them. Ive had two open surgeries (2008 & 2011) to remove them. My doctor is recommending a cystoscopy every 4 months to check the bladder. I had my last surgery in November. As of last April, we did cystoscopy and I had no stones. Thank god! It sounds like youll be ok. There was probably alot of trauma from the surgery. I have found that urologists dont get overly concerned with blood unless its a very large ammount and/or it doesnt stop in a reasonable time.
    Yea I think this Dr. was very rough with me. Mine looks once a year.
    Glad you were clear last ck.

    One more thing around the stomach it looked like huge hickey's. You know spots of blood under the skin. This morning 2 days later my right thigh is covered in the hickey marks too. Why is it getting new hickey's? I'll try to get pics tonight.

Similar Threads

  1. Periodic cyscostopy
    By TomRL in forum Care
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 01:17 AM
  2. bad day yesterday
    By lisarolls in forum Life
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
  3. Can I just say yesterday was a bad day?
    By LindaT in forum Caregiving
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 01:40 AM
  4. went to the Doc yesterday
    By kloe82 in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 12:14 PM
  5. Yesterday
    By Raven in forum Life
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •