Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyscostopy Yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Cyscostopy Yesterday

It went well. But last night it was solid blood with large blood clots. Around 400 cc's. This is my 5th cyscostopy & that had never happened. This morning it's tinged bloody urine with small blood clots. Wonder what he did to upset it so much? No pain but not sure I would feel pain if it was there. No AD. My bp was great 90/63 this morning. So good to go.
    Any clues how to stop these stones?

Has your doctor ever had any analyzed as what they are made of?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Has your doctor ever had any analyzed as what they are made of?
    Sue I go to a Mineal Clinic that does the 24 hr urine analyzis but I've never had stones to give them to examine.
    Yesterday I asked my Dr. to save some & he did.
    Not as much as I had hoped. lol 2 little bitty stones.
    I'm sending them to the clinic. Hope they're enough.

I seem to remember another member that cut down on their stones after finding they were made of two different things mainly. Hopefully yours will be like that too.

I was told on my pre-op for a cystoscopy biopsy that if I had that much blood or big clots to call them afterwards. Glad yours cleared on its own. I'm not looking forward to that appointment.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    I seem to remember another member that cut down on their stones after finding they were made of two different things mainly. Hopefully yours will be like that too.

I was told on my pre-op for a cystoscopy biopsy that if I had that much blood or big clots to call them afterwards. Glad yours cleared on its own. I'm not looking forward to that appointment.
    Thanks!

My instructions said big clots too but I didn't see them till I went to bed at 10 pm. I couldn't call the Dr & the only other thing was ER in an ambulance. So I thought I'll look at it in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    Thanks!

My instructions said big clots too but I didn't see them till I went to bed at 10 pm. I couldn't call the Dr & the only other thing was ER in an ambulance. So I thought I'll look at it in the morning.
    I'm hoping for the pass out at home too. Let the hubby worry about whether to wake me up or not.

Well I was planning on passing out. I went straight to sleep & was by myself. The Lord was watching ove me.

btw I did drink around 30 cc's of water before I went to bed & it was getting clearer.

stones

I'm glad you reported about your experience as I am going in Aug. to have bladder stones removed. A first for me and I don't think the Dr. has dealt with SCI before. He was asking me questions about anesthetic. I'm not worried, but would like to know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by rebajane View Post
    I'm glad you reported about your experience as I am going in Aug. to have bladder stones removed. A first for me and I don't think the Dr. has dealt with SCI before. He was asking me questions about anesthetic. I'm not worried, but would like to know what to expect.

My Dr. specializes in SCI Urology. I was lucky to find him. 1st to use botox as for as I know.

The anethesiologist wanted to put that thing in my throat. Incubate I think is the word. I told him I did not want it! I'd had it 4 times before & never had that. So I was in & out. Surgery took 20 minutes & he got over 100 stones.
    The only thing I didn't like this time is he went up my urethra too. He did it to let the iv flow through the supra pubic & drain out the urethra. I was soaked. They never did that before. Caused more trauma to my body. (all the bleeding) It made it easier for him.

Good luck!

Have do you find out you have bladderstones. I am asking because nobody here has heard about it.
    TH 12, 43 years post