Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which adaptive golf method do you think is best?

Which adaptive golf method do you think is best?

...from your chair, in a golf cart with a swivel seat, or using a stand-up machine like the Paramobile?

I got to try Anthony Netto's Paramobile the other day and it was really really cool. It feels so natural (you stand up in it when you swing), and it can go on the green too which is AWESOME (you have to steer it just sso though to make sure you don't tear anything up.

If you have no idea what this machine looks like, here's my blog showing a video of Anthony in his machine (which he spent $500k of his own money to develop). Crazy! http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012...ke-these-guys/
    May the fetus you save be gay

Theopania - - I'm a t-12 and an avid golfer. I own a SoloRider which is a cart with a swivel seat which includes a standup option similar to the paramobile. Here is a link to a great site . . . . http://mobilitygolf.com/ which will give you a lot of great information. they have a link where you can search by state or zip code for golf courses that have carts (including the type of cart). Good luck but be warned golf is addicting.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    the ottobock ParaGolfer is definitely the way to go.

The solorider is harder to play golf from, and I've yet to play a course that will let me go on the greens while riding it!

I'm T-4 the ottobock paragolfer is as close to playing golf as I can get. Just wish I could find a course around here with one to rent. I know the VA golf course has a few of them. It holds you so secure while you're standing that you can swing as you please, and concentrate on your swing and not worry about falling etc.

NW Will so true! The Paragolfer is the only one u can get on the green. I really want a course up here in MN to get one too.
    May the fetus you save be gay

Not really sure how well it's going to work, but I've got a standing wheelchair on order (a used manual) and am putting e motion powered wheels on it and plan to try it out for golfing once I get use to standing on it.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

not true about paramobile being the only cart to go on greens - - I have played on multiple courses in various states and I have neved had a problem taking a solorider onto the greens including Pebble Beach.

My favorite golf method is Disc Golf.

Not exactly the answer to the question, I know, but I love it!

My 'hood borders a city maintained park with a 14 acre, 18 hole, PDGA disc course.

Fun times!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

ottobock ParaGolfer is also a lot more maneuverable.

You can really line your self up to the ball and align yourself just right.

I really need to figure out how to get a local course to get one, it is really nice just to be out motoring around the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by hugheswf
    not true about paramobile being the only cart to go on greens - - I have played on multiple courses in various states and I have neved had a problem taking a solorider onto the greens including Pebble Beach.
    That is cool, I've only ever rented the solorider at a few courses, and everytime they've made a point of telling me I'll be thrown out if I take it on the green.

NW - - which courses? I would complain loudly as they would be in violation of ADA. Besides Solorider is specifically made not to cause turf damage.

Quote Originally Posted by hugheswf View Post
    NW - - which courses? I would complain loudly as they would be in violation of ADA. Besides Solorider is specifically made not to cause turf damage.
    You'll like this then, the one course was a city of Seattle public course right next to the VA hospital. I had to yell at them for a bunch of stuff, and they gave me my money back after we played nine holes. A real shame as it was really easy to get to and a nice course.

I couldn't go back to a solo rider now though.