Thread: Seated Paddle Boarding?

Seated Paddle Boarding?

I've spent my entire summer out on the water, both rowing and kayaking. The other day, I saw someone paddle boarding out at Jericho Beach and it struck me. Would there be any benefit/challenge to try paddle boarding in a seated position? Or, at the end of the day, is it essentially akin to kayaking then?

Anyone try it?

I'd think it'd be more akin to adaptive cross country skiing. Different balance game than in a kayak.

I see your point though...

Think it would be more of a kayak effect with the loss of feeling somewhat secured by falling off. It could well be an excellent source of using trunk muscles or getting better at swimming. :-)
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

We live near a large fresh water lake and recently noticed many people using paddle boards this summer i guess it is the in thing right now, having sat and watched them it looks a lot like trying to stand on a snow board or skate board great balance is paramount to success some thing that has always eluded me... does look like a great workout..