Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what to do??

Just to jump in. Eating is only part of the issue. The only way to burn fat is to do aerobic exercise. You can lose weight by starving yourself but the resultant weight loss will be caused by your body consuming your muscles for energy. I thiink it is called antrophy. Exercise lasting at least 20 minutes keeping your heart rate above 70% of max wil result in your body using fat as energy as the other energy chains will not be able to keep up. Your max heart rate is 220-age. Multiply this number by .70 to find your aerobic range.

The moral of the story is you have to get back on your bike and put some miles in. Try a three wheel recumbant or a tricycle (this is what I use) or a handcycle. You can get hand cranks for an affordable price. I also suggest investing in a heart rate monitor. You can't really tell when you are at your target heart rate and sweating just means you are hot.

I used to train athletes and we used heart rate monitors to ensure that we were maximizing our efforts.

As for eating. Feed your activities and then do more activities. 3 squares a day doesn't generally fit. Eating carbs that are not used will result in them being stored as fat. Eat carbs for energy and protein for recovery and add in some essential fats and minerals.

Hang in there. I know that I made this sound easy and it is not. But the concept really is. Finding a way to get the heart rate moving is the key. Don't get down. Good luck!

I do realize the potatoes are a down fall and they have got to be cut in moderation. I do like veggies and need to do a double helping of those vs double of taters. I have been grilling most my meat. The shakes I am going to do are the Body by VI shakes. High protien, they taste awesome. I gotta get moving more, been difficult with the foot surgery since feb and another one coming up next week. But I have to stop with excuses. I know my cal intake is higher than it should be. When I keep a food journal I stay 1200-1800 cal a day, but I know when I dont I am blowing it most days.

I do beleive I am dealing with more of a food addiction. I know some dont beleive it exists. But that is another topic!

I need to be much more disciplined, I owe it to myself to get healthy . I am not looking for a certain weight, I just want to feel better, move better, and feel good.

(by the way medic1=female )