Thread: colostomy decision

colostomy decision

OK so for the last year or more I've been contemplating whether to go through with having A colostomy. For the majority of that time the thought has scared me to death however for the last few months I've had one bowel accident after another even though my normal bowel program has been successful..
    So I made an appointment with A Dr. who performs the colostomy surgeries and the day before my appointment july 9 they called saying he would be in surgery and would need to reschedule. Well since then because of my frequent Balch accidents I've called every other day and I'm always told he's still doing surgeries but I'm at the top of their call list. .

I'm starting to feel like their blowing smoke up my ass!! It was hard enough for me to come to this decision now I'd rather just fall off the face of the earth.. Should I look for another Dr.?
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
    OK so for the last year or more I've been contemplating whether to go through with having A colostomy. For the majority of that time the thought has scared me to death however for the last few months I've had one bowel accident after another even though my normal bowel program has been successful..
    So I made an appointment with A Dr. who performs the colostomy surgeries and the day before my appointment july 9 they called saying he would be in surgery and would need to reschedule. Well since then because of my frequent Balch accidents I've called every other day and I'm always told he's still doing surgeries but I'm at the top of their call list. .

I'm starting to feel like their blowing smoke up my ass!! It was hard enough for me to come to this decision now I'd rather just fall off the face of the earth.. Should I look for another Dr.?

I'm looking into getting a colostomy as well. I just went for my first appointment monday. I had to wait 5 weeks to get the appointment. He said we needed to get blood work and a colonopcopy done then will go from there. So that's where I am with that. Good luck to you.

Most surgeons have late afternoon appointments. They couldn't give you a new appointment date and time? Maybe he is on vacation.
    CWO