Thread: How long from CAD to receiving ZRA?

How long from CAD to receiving ZRA?

Hey There, I ordered my first Tilite ZRA. I approved the CAD drawing last Friday how long does it usually take to receive the chair after you have OKed the CAD?? We are extremely anxious to receive it as I not only cannot walk... I have a artificial wrist (5 pds max lift) and SEVERE Rheumatoid Arthritis in my shoulders wrist, elbows etc. So I cannot push the heavy quickie(folder) I currently have. I have 3 young children that have been dying to go camping for the past 3 years and with the new ZRA I will be able to make there wish come true (So HAPPY). .... The problem is out here you have to reserve a camping site if you want to get a spot & I was told I need to book it A.S.A.P if I want a camping spot for this season. Anyone out there have any idea how long it should take?? I am Praying I dont let my kids down again this year

While I can't answer your question (you may want to contact the manufacturer to get the best answer), I do want to encourage you to reframe your thinking! You aren't failing your kids by not getting to take them camping, just do the best you can! Do you live in an area where you can have campfires of some sort in a park? When I was a kid that was my favorite part of camping - the fire and s'mores! Think about "close to camping" activities, and do those.

Also - can you bring along someone to help you out (maybe another family, or a friend) that will allow you to camp with your current chair?

Last time I checked, TiLite claimed a 10-day build time after CAD sign off assuming no custom work exists (my solid seat pan was considered custom; it added another 7 days). Then they ship. If shipping to DME, then DME has some lead time for setup (1 day to 2 weeks depending on how busy they are). Worse case delivery to you can occur 5+ weeks after you sign off on CAD. Best case 3 weeks. (all my opinion)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I just got my new ZRA. From the time I approved the drawing to UPS delivering it to my doorstep was a little over a month.

I should say I have no insurance and did not go thru a DME, I self paid and ordered it thru Sportaid online. So if you used insurance/DME I'm not sure how long it would be. Good luck. I love my new chair its really been a help to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    While I can't answer your question (you may want to contact the manufacturer to get the best answer), I do want to encourage you to reframe your thinking! You aren't failing your kids by not getting to take them camping, just do the best you can! Do you live in an area where you can have campfires of some sort in a park? When I was a kid that was my favorite part of camping - the fire and s'mores! Think about "close to camping" activities, and do those.

Also - can you bring along someone to help you out (maybe another family, or a friend) that will allow you to camp with your current chair?
    Thank You, I love the camp fire n Smores idea I think I will do that next weekend and maybe a water gun war. I will just buy myself a much bigger gun ( backpack water tank) than the kids have to make up for my lack of being able to run away ( LOL). Thanks for helping me look at it in a different way!!

Things must have changed at Tilite. it used to be only non-adjustable chairs (zr and tr) had cad drawings done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirls can go splat View Post
    Thank You, I love the camp fire n Smores idea I think I will do that next weekend and maybe a water gun war. I will just buy myself a much bigger gun ( backpack water tank) than the kids have to make up for my lack of being able to run away ( LOL). Thanks for helping me look at it in a different way!!
    Glad you took it the way I intended (helpful advice), and not as being a pushy Pollyanna. I might be that, but I do mean well. =))))

You might want to add a couple days for it to clear through customs as well. Back in 2004 when I got my ZRA it took a month from order to delivery in BC.