Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Could this have been AD

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    705

    Could this have been AD

    I have had a regular bowel routine lately and have had a good consistancy when going. But I had a large bowel movement a little while ago. I wasn't straining to have this movement, but I became dizzy and lightheaded. Then I felt like I was going to throw up and after a few minutes I did. I felt okay for a few minutes then I felt dizzy and lightheaded again when I had another movement. Could this have been AD? I've never been diagnosed as having this before. My blood pressure always seems to be in the normal range.

    I had experienced this in the past when I would take laxatives due to being constipated, but I no longer use laxatives at all due to having that type of experience. It was very unpleasant and a little scary. If I wouldn't have been sitting on the toilet when this happened, I probably would have called an ambulance. But I feel find now.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by faith9778 View Post
    I have had a regular bowel routine lately and have had a good consistancy when going. But I had a large bowel movement a little while ago. I wasn't straining to have this movement, but I became dizzy and lightheaded. Then I felt like I was going to throw up and after a few minutes I did. I felt okay for a few minutes then I felt dizzy and lightheaded again when I had another movement. Could this have been AD? I've never been diagnosed as having this before. My blood pressure always seems to be in the normal range.

    I had experienced this in the past when I would take laxatives due to being constipated, but I no longer use laxatives at all due to having that type of experience. It was very unpleasant and a little scary. If I wouldn't have been sitting on the toilet when this happened, I probably would have called an ambulance. But I feel find now.
    I do not know what the level of injury is. Based only on your symptoms it sounds more like hypotensive episodes, rather than AD. I sometimes experience it during and after my BP. However, it its part of my everyday life and I just deal with it usually by lowering my head to my knees.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

    See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

  3. #3
    No, but hey I'm not a medical professional, I believe your disability is spina bifida and not SCI and is too low for AD.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

    I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

  4. #4
    "Donno," one of our Care Cure members has mentioned this several times in the past.

    Vasovagal Syncope (vay-zo-VAY-gul SING-cuh-pee) is the most common cause of fainting. Vasovagal syncope occurs when your body overreacts to triggers, such as the sight of blood or extreme emotional distress. The trigger results in vasovagal syncope — a brief loss of consciousness caused by a sudden drop in your heart rate and blood pressure, which reduces blood flow to your brain.

    Symptoms:
    Skin paleness
    Lightheadedness
    Tunnel vision
    Nausea
    Feeling of warmth
    A cold, clammy sweat

    You can read more here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vas...yncope/DS00806

    All the best,
    GJ

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    705
    I also forgot to mention that I have been dealing with sinus issues for a week now. I took dayquil sinus pills for a few days but haven't taken any since Saturday night. Now the only problem I am having is coughing caused by sinus drainage. I have been taking delsym cough medicine since Sunday for the cough. I don't know if having any of that in my system would have played into what happened.

  6. #6
    i look at mayoclinic and found that there was not so much information,
    then i found this article at it has a lot more detailed information
    http://www.vasovagal-syncope.com/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    No, but hey I'm not a medical professional, I believe your disability is spina bifida and not SCI and is too low for AD.
    Bingo. I did not know S level peeps could even get AD. Huh.

    Faith, if you can push and strain, that sounds as though you have function the rest of us don't.

    P.S. Adding the OP's original post starting this thread before it is erased by Faith. It follows as written above, except the type has been changed to red and bold for clarity: I have had a regular bowel routine lately and have had a good consistancy when going. But I had a large bowel movement a little while ago. I wasn't straining to have this movement, but I became dizzy and lightheaded. Then I felt like I was going to throw up and after a few minutes I did. I felt okay for a few minutes then I felt dizzy and lightheaded again when I had another movement. Could this have been AD? I've never been diagnosed as having this before. My blood pressure always seems to be in the normal range.

    I had experienced this in the past when I would take laxatives due to being constipated, but I no longer use laxatives at all due to having that type of experience. It was very unpleasant and a little scary. If I wouldn't have been sitting on the toilet when this happened, I probably would have called an ambulance. But I feel find now.

  8. #8
    P.P.S. You'd seriously have called an ambuknance because you felt dizzy and threw up? Total overkill. That's what is wrong in part with our healthcare system. Throwing up one time, even on and off for 24 to 48 hours, is not, in and of itself, a medical emergency. Vomiting is not the dramatic event you wish to make it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member anban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gold Beach, Oregon
    Posts
    912
    Doesn't sound like AD. I just drink hot tea 'n put my head down and breathe through it. I wouldn't call an ambulance ($$$), you're prob. going to feel better before they arrive.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    No, but hey I'm not a medical professional, I believe your disability is spina bifida and not SCI and is too low for AD.
    Thank you for the clarity on that. I didn't know whether or not I could experience AD with Spina Bifida. I know I've never had any doctors mention it to me though.

    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    "Donno," one of our Care Cure members has mentioned this several times in the past.



    Vasovagal Syncope (vay-zo-VAY-gul SING-cuh-pee) is the most common cause of fainting. Vasovagal syncope occurs when your body overreacts to triggers, such as the sight of blood or extreme emotional distress. The trigger results in vasovagal syncope — a brief loss of consciousness caused by a sudden drop in your heart rate and blood pressure, which reduces blood flow to your brain.

    Symptoms:
    Skin paleness
    Lightheadedness
    Tunnel vision
    Nausea
    Feeling of warmth
    A cold, clammy sweat

    You can read more here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vas...yncope/DS00806

    All the best,
    GJ
    Thanks for this information.

    Quote Originally Posted by joelebo View Post
    i look at mayoclinic and found that there was not so much information,
    then i found this article at it has a lot more detailed information
    http://www.vasovagal-syncope.com/
    Thanks for this website it was very insightful.

    Quote Originally Posted by anban View Post
    Doesn't sound like AD. I just drink hot tea 'n put my head down and breathe through it. I wouldn't call an ambulance ($$$), you're prob. going to feel better before they arrive.
    Thanks for that tip. I hope to not experience this again, but if I do I will try the hot tea if I am able to. This time I was stuck on the toilet and couldn't get up because the room was spinning.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    P.P.S. You'd seriously have called an ambuknance because you felt dizzy and threw up? Total overkill. That's what is wrong in part with our healthcare system. Throwing up one time, even on and off for 24 to 48 hours, is not, in and of itself, a medical emergency. Vomiting is not the dramatic event you wish to make it.
    Nope, I wouldn't have called an ambulance because I threw up, but because I was dizzy, lightheaded, felt tingling all over my body, the room was spinning and felt like I was going to pass out. Thankfully I felt better after I threw up though.
    Last edited by faith9778; 07-11-2012 at 01:23 AM. Reason: grammer error

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •