Thread: stimulite or other cushion wedges

stimulite or other cushion wedges

i have mild scoliosis which makes me lean right thus get redness and often abbrasions that can quickly turn into BIG sores. i have been sitting on jay2 which tend to sink on right the longer i stay up. i just started trying various stimulite cushions that force me to sit strait. think if i can last on the stims before i get a sore they might actually straiten my posture.
    does anyone here use a wedge 1/4 - 1/2 to raise one side of cushion to compensate for sculiosis or such. would like to try wedge then slowly reduce wedge height as progress hopefully developes. donnie

My wife who is post polio uses a 1/2" foam under the right rear quadrant of a Stimulite to help with scoliosis. She has sensation so pressure sores are not an issue. I have tried various wedges under my Roho's over the years, and my experience would say to be very cautious about pressure damage.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.