Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wish people, who didnt really want to know, would stop asking how I am

I wish people, who didnt really want to know, would stop asking how I am

If you dont want to hear the truth, then dont ask!!! I know if your asking just to look polite but dont really care. This in turns makes me not want to give a genuine answer and then in turn makes me feel horrid for feeling like I need to spare you my story. Why cant we all just accept peoples answers and not tell them that the answer they give somehow cant be correct.

If I tell you I feel horrible, then I really do feel horrible!!

Becky
    * Sorry for the short rant....
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

When you feel horrible, it's hard to muster the energy even to speak, and there's not enough left over to put a gloss on things - but whatever happened leading up to this post, know that there are many, many people here who care and want you to have a good outcome when the healthcare nightmares you're going through are finally over. There's nothing any of us can do but offer support, though we'd like to throttle some of the medical people who've treated you - and that can get frustrating all the way 'round. Just know that those of us who've followed your journey deeply hope for a positive turn of events, and wish we had more than words of support to offer. ((((Becky))))

sometimes its just right to be a reserved person less spoken is well said. One thing i find hard to muster is the non bonding having that one to one conversation for a long period of time starts to build a sense of friendship just to find out in the end you are just job number 123. or Mr x

Bonnette- I know people here care and understand. I am not speaking of anyone here. I am actually speaking more about my friends and family. They ask me how I am feeling and if I tell them that I am not feeling very well, or hurting in x,y,z location, they look at me like I'm a big fat liar. When I tell them that I don't feel up to doing something they tell me, "sometimes you just have to do things for people because of x,y,z". So, I have just gotten into the routine of answering the question of, "how are you doing" with the answer of "fine". As soon as it is out of my mouth, I then feel like I have betrayed myself because I am NOT fine but that is what they all want to hear so that they don't have to make further conversation on the topic. That's what I meant by only ask if you want to hear the REAL answer, and not just the one that is convenient for you at the moment!

Peter- I completely understand what you mean. I usually am like that too with new people that I meet. I figure, if they really want to invest in being my friend, not not just having me be a number, only then will I warm up to them.

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Good.

Just say, "I am good." That blankets everything.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Becky, I am glad that no one here has suggested such a thing! But how awful that family members have. I guess all you can do is say something non-committal, like "about the same," "not much worse," "well enough," etc. It's a terrible dilemma for you to be in, that much is certain.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Just say, "I am good." That blankets everything.
    Brilliant!

Since nob0dy really wants to hear how you are doing when they say, 'Hi, How ya doing?" I usually respond with, "happy to see you." Or if a phone call, "happy to hear from you."

aarrgghh

pisses me off more than anything and wosrse it is usually followed up by and you're looking sooooo goooood.

While I like to say OK not better getting by sometimes I want to set them on fire break htier back and say how are you doing.

sorry the rant this just soooooooo fuuuuccckkkiiinngggg pisses me off

they really don't want to know but "think" they're being polite

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Quote Originally Posted by bollefen View Post
    pisses me off more than anything and wosrse it is usually followed up by and you're looking sooooo goooood.

While I like to say OK not better getting by sometimes I want to set them on fire break htier back and say how are you doing.

sorry the rant this just soooooooo fuuuuccckkkiiinngggg pisses me off

they really don't want to know but "think" they're being polite

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH
    Bill- its ALWAYS followed by that!!! Also makes me want to inflict some torture on said person too

Becky
    since 1/3/04