Thread: Wheelchair taxis in philidelphia, pa

Wheelchair taxis in philidelphia, pa

I'm traveling to Philly for a wedding and I'm looking for the easiest way to get around the city. Any help would be great.
    C5 as of 6-13- 2010

You should get a dragon. Dragons are awesome. They can fly you around where ever you want to go and they can breathe fire and shit.

Here's somewhere to start. Philadelphia's a great city. Enjoy your visit.

Pennsylvania Wheelchair Accessible Transportation Services
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I hear west philadelphia is a good place to be born and raised. On playgrounds, children spend most of their days chillin, maxin, relaxin all cool-

When you do go, if you whistle for a cab and it comes near, look for a license plate that says 'fresh' and possibly hanging dice in the mirror. I hear the driver Mr. Holmes is quite stinky.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    I hear west philadelphia is a good place to be born and raised. On playgrounds, children spend most of their days chillin, maxin, relaxin all cool-

When you do go, if you whistle for a cab and it comes near, look for a license plate that says 'fresh' and possibly hanging dice in the mirror. I hear the driver Mr. Holmes is quite stinky.
    Actually, I believe Mr. Holmes operates his taxi in Cali. You can't get a cab in West Philadelphia if you live near a playground. But you can watch the Speedboys play at West Philadelphia High School.

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Actually, I believe Mr. Holmes operates his taxi in Cali. You can't get a cab in West Philadelphia if you live near a playground. But you can watch the Speedboys play at West Philadelphia High School.
    hi fives, FO.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Seriously, though...
    Philly now has a handful of wheelchair-accessible cabs on the street - all rear-entry minivans that can handle manual and power chairs. I'd recommend calling dispatch ahead of time, though, because chances of hailing one on the street are slim to none.

Freedom Taxi - 215.222.9999
    Capital Cab - 215.235.2200
    All City Taxi - 215.467.6666

And depending on where you are staying and where the celebration is, all SEPTA busses are wheelchair accessible, too. Googlemaps will help you find closest routes; also www.septa.org
    Hope it's a great trip. If it helps to talk with someone local send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LDeB View Post
    Seriously, though...
    Philly now has a handful of wheelchair-accessible cabs on the street - all rear-entry minivans that can handle manual and power chairs. I'd recommend calling dispatch ahead of time, though, because chances of hailing one on the street are slim to none.

I don't know about the accessible taxis in Philadelphia but I have been unable to use rear entry accessible taxi vans in my powerchair because the tilt-in-space seating raises me a few inches. The only ones I could use were side-entry. Oh I remember bumping my head on that rear-entry taxi roof!

Seriously, though...

And depending on where you are staying and where the celebration is, all SEPTA busses are wheelchair accessible, too. Googlemaps will help you find closest routes; also www.septa.org
    Hope it's a great trip. If it helps to talk with someone local send me a PM.
    Thanks for the info! I will give them a call and see what will work the best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I don't know about the accessible taxis in Philadelphia but I have been unable to use rear entry accessible taxi vans in my powerchair because the tilt-in-space seating raises me a few inches. The only ones I could use were side-entry. Oh I remember bumping my head on that rear-entry taxi roof!
    Very true that's a good reminder hopefully I won't run into that
    C5 as of 6-13- 2010