Thread: Decieded to go with a Ti-Lite Aero X as my next chair

Decieded to go with a Ti-Lite Aero X as my next chair

My Quickie GTX is getting ready for retirement after 4 years of hard use, I'm nervous the frame is gonna crack or folding mechanism is going to break one of these days, it is starting to creak some. It has been a awesome chair though and if they still made em I would not hesitate to get another one. I really like having a folding chair. Anyhow, just bought this one on ebay, my only concern is the backrest looks a little too high for me so I'm hoping I can adjust it down, if not it's hacksaw time. I like the Color, I'm getting a little tired of the bright yellow of my GTX so this one fits the bill. For 500 bucks on ebay as a demo I figured I could not go wrong. I think this chair is a little lighter than my GTX, not real crazy about those thin 6 inch front casters it has but I figure I can easily replace those with some nice billet polished aluminum wider ones.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

e-bay does have some great deals! Congrats
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Good score, congrats

Thanks guys, I know it looks like a old fuddy duddy chair but one of the main things I really care about these days is being comfortable, I'll definatly lower the back rest a little bit. I'm just hoping it fits ok on the passenger seat of my Caddy CTS, the GTX does, but this new chair has that lower frame tube unlike the GTX. For the money I figured I could not go wrong, if it does not feel right to me I can always just resell it at not too much of a loss vs had I bought one new I'd take a bath. This happened with the last Ti Lite I'd bought, it just did not feel right to me and I resold it for around what I payed for it used although I lost out on the shipping. It's crazy with me it seems like chairs are either too big for me or too small even though they list them as the same size 17 x 18, although I think the last Ti I bought was 18 x 17, it must have been my dyslexia acting up when I bought it, lol.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I'm in the same boat..... Can't imagine not having a light and maneuverable folding chair.... All the travel and different cars would not be possible or practical with a rigid frame.... My GTX is on its last legs... Guess I'm gonna have to break down and fly to Europe (or get someone to ship) for a new Xenon to replace my chair.... Don't really want all the extra frame that the TiLite or other options have... Was hoping my Icon would be a substitute but not gonna work in my truck or car....For that price you can't complain though!!!! .... Good luck!!!

briri - www.draftwheelchairs.com is very good and will ship either a neon or a xenon if you can give him the completed order form.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    briri - www.draftwheelchairs.com is very good and will ship either a neon or a xenon if you can give him the completed order form.
    Good info, but wow, big bucks, nearly $2500.00 not even including shipping for Neon http://www.draftwheelchairs.com/quic...etCurrencyId=1

I still can't believe quickie does not sell the GTX anymore in the USA, what a bad business move, it was a great chair. As I remember when I got mine around 4 years ago it was around the same price (maybe 300 bucks more) than the Quickie 2 HP, not a bad deal at all and it has held up real well. I might actually be able to get a few more years out of mine especially if I alternate use with the new Aero X I'm getting. I might use the Aero X for more around home and then the GTX for more when I travel. I may even paint the frame on my Yellow GTX to Green or something as I'm tired of the yellow. I have new upholstry waiting to put on. I'll just keep my fingers crossed nothing major goes wrong with it and try to avoid bouncing down curbs and that sort of thing as much as I can.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I might actually be able to get a few more years out of mine especially if I alternate use with the new Aero X I'm getting. I might use the Aero X for more around home and then the GTX for more when I travel. I may even paint the frame on my Yellow GTX to Green or something as I'm tired of the yellow. I have new upholstry waiting to put on. I'll just keep my fingers crossed nothing major goes wrong with it and try to avoid bouncing down curbs and that sort of thing as much as I can.
    Yep, I leave mine in my car/truck and use it when I'm out and about but use a Q2 Lite around the house...Trying to reduce wear and tear and extend its life also!

Got the Aero X last week and finally got around to setting it up. The chair feel solid. The first thing I did was remove the whole top section of the backrest which dropped the back around 6 inches. It is still higher than the GTX I was using but so far I'm liking the extra support I'm getting. I adjusted the tension so I'm sitting up more straight, very comfortable.

I'm finding these 24 inch wheels are not as hard on my wrists as the 26 inchers (590's) on GTX, I may end up selling those and just stick with 24 inch from now on, you get a smaller push (kinda like a lower gear ratio) so easier on the body. I do have a pair of e-motions on order that will be able to be put on this chair for when I have to wheel long distances like at Disney or Busch gardens.

I'm also liking the copper color of this chair, was getting tired of the yellow.

Seems to load into the car fine, especially with the folding backrest. I think this one will be a keeper. For 500 bucks I could'nt go wrong, the chair is like brand new, not a scratch on it and the original tires show no wear, bought it from the Ti ebay store. I'll definately give them good feedback on ebay.

Oh ya, removed the clothing guards too. The wheels were rubbing on them bad and I don't want to widen the wheelbase of the chair much more as I have fairly narrow doors in my old house. It seems in the past (all of my 31 years as a para) I could never really get clothing guards to work out well so I never used them, same goes for armrests, both those things always just seemed to get in the way and the clothing guards make tranfers more difficult and risky too is what I've found.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 08-09-2012 at 04:06 AM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I could never really get clothing guards to work out well so I never used them, ... clothing guards make tranfers more difficult and risky too is what I've found.
    Ditto.

Grabbing a fat, grippy, unencumbered tire much easier/more stable for me than stooping to a low-down frame. Little dirtier out and about, gotta watch the tuck of the clothing, but no big deal.