Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Sweat...

Back Sweat...

Why is it that my back has suddenly started sweating sometimes. Like right now, I'm in my chair and my back is against the seat and it's sweating, not profusely but it's sweating. My shirt sticks to my back and it's annoying, lol. I wake up in the middle of the night now because my back's sweating. I have to sleep on a towel and when I wake up, I have to turn on a side to air out my back. Then I'll wake up because my side is sweating. Anyone else get this??

Hi Derek,

After 26 years the underside of my right thigh and leg to my calf has started to sweat a little bit. Not noticable sweat droplets but my sheet is damp in the morning and I can feel the moisture on my right leg. My left leg is the same as it's always been. Go figure.

But since your injury is fairly recent maybe you're getting some "return". Hopefully it will be good and useful return.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

sweat like a Rhino running from a field mouse

mee too.
    Mike (Florida)

Cant we get 1 do over?

Lol, mike.

Bob, I have feeling and movement in my back I'm T10 injury with T12 movement. My back does the same as your leg, why all of a sudden though?

I think youre just falling apart!!! Just kidding. I did that too although it has been a few years. I still sweat really weird sometimes just in spots. Especially worse if its real humid outside.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    I think youre just falling apart!!! Just kidding. I did that too although it has been a few years. I still sweat really weird sometimes just in spots. Especially worse if its real humid outside.
    I am falling apart, very slowly . Humidity SUCKS, especially in Louisiana. Usually %100 here. Back sweats horribly when outside for a while.

hey derek
    same things happening to me and i'm the same level. i think its a good sign. they say first u start sweating then some increased sensation or movement will follow. hopefully...

The exact cause of abnormal sweating like this is not always known. Sometimes it is associated with a syrinx, so that should be ruled out as a cause.

Just be sure to keep your skin clean and as dry as possible. Change your shirt several times daily if needed. Use an antifungal powder if needed. Fungal infections are very common on sweaty skin like this otherwise.

(KLD)

Sometimes at night I am drenched in sweat. It's nuts...it's happened about 5 times in my 2.5 years, and lasts for about 3-4 nights. I wake up and it looks like I just took a bath. No clue at all!! In the past 4-5 months I have started to sweat on my arms when I need to pee. It's weird because sometimes I get to a toilet in time, but sometimes it's already to late. Pisses me off so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton8
    Sometimes at night I am drenched in sweat. It's nuts...it's happened about 5 times in my 2.5 years, and lasts for about 3-4 nights. I wake up and it looks like I just took a bath. No clue at all!! In the past 4-5 months I have started to sweat on my arms when I need to pee. It's weird because sometimes I get to a toilet in time, but sometimes it's already to late. Pisses me off so bad.
    I think no one here knows about the getting to the toilet on time better than I do..... Bleh

I hope the sweating causes more function and sensitivity. That'd be sweeeeet.