Thread: tension adjustable wheelchair back

tension adjustable wheelchair back

i know this may sound like a stupid question. but, can you get a back upholstery that is made for a chair without push handles, work on a chair that has integral push handles?

i know the ones for chairs with push handles have the what i call wings on the sides and the ones without handles fold over the back posts.

was just wondering if anybody knew a way to "cripple rig" the fold over kind to work on a chair with fixed push handles?

rollin64,

Regarding "... can you get a back upholstery that is made for a chair without push handles ..."

Yes.

For example, in the case of a Stimulite Adjustable Back Cushion, the version for a:

1. Folding chair is unaffected by the existence or absence of push handles

2. Rigid chair can be ordered with the top of the sleeves open to accommodate push handles - the absence of push handles being standard

yea, i know i can buy em. i have a tension adj. backrest from a zra with no push handles. i'm wondering if i can make this work on a chair that has push handles.

maybe that explains it better.

You could cut holes in the upholstery for the handles to go through. Possibly going to a seamstress to have the holes reinforced might be wise as well.

rollin64,

Regarding "... wondering if i can make this work on a chair that has push handles ..." - yes.

cool, thanks yall. i've got a roho jetstream on the tilite and instead of buying a new back i can make the tens. adj. work on my hooptie/kick around chair. and i'll definitely get the holes reinforced, thanks chrissy.