Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Parenting skills and SCI

Jesus your so many the more i swat the more they come
    is there some fatwa here.
    so my suspicions have finally been realised there really is a cc sister hood and led by bin Beth instead of a shadowy group lurking in the dark you have come of age.
    your call cry is death to the misogynists which means any male that does not share your views. i know of your sleeper cells in the political and r/s forums felt their wrath.
    but we men are born tough.
    now what was i talking about.....

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    so my suspicions have finally been realised there really is a cc sister hood and led by bin Beth instead of a shadowy group lurking in the dark you have come of age.
    your call cry is death to the misogynists which means any male that does not share your views. i know of your sleeper cells in the political and r/s forums felt their wrath.
    You called?

There just is a sisterhood in general. Females. It's a good thing! I would love to meet your daughter. Where did you find this definition of misogyny? It is interesting, yet incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    You rang?

Have you ever looked at the definition of misogyny in the dictionary? It is not simply disagreeing over opinions. It is not one gender over another. That is the realm of misogynists.

And, no. We do not hate males, far from it. We have disdain for misogyny.

Peter, you asked for opinions for your daughter. Females gave them to you. Cut off her facebook. Don't yell at her- but don't let her cross the boundaries you AND your wife agree on. 12 is tough to be for both genders. I remember how I felt, somewhat. She's not going to let you feel like you can win, because she is just learning how to navigate the world of grownup's, but she doesn't know the rulebook (but she thinks she knows and you can't convince her otherwise). Spend time with her, have conversations where you can find out her views and share yours without sounding hard-assed. Give her opinions respect. Do NOT let her tell you to fuck off without a consequence (that crosses from opinion to disrespect). Model by your actions the person you wish for her to become. This is going to be hard and thankless but she'll be a better person for it...and so will you.

Great advice, Anban. I second it! Kids start changing so much at age 12 and I think that fighting to hang on to respect and communication is so worth it. I wish you well. You can always vent here